2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
C.H.L player not signing 2 years after being drafted = goes back into draft. If he waits 2 years again he is U.F.A. in 4 years at 22years old.

College player not signing after 4 years of N.C.A.A is a U.F.A. at 22 years old.

C.H.L. players that go back into the draft..... usually fall from their original draft position.

If they were expected to rise.... you would think the original team could find out where the player would like to play in the N.H.L and extract some value by trading his rights to that team.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
i would think odds are that Chevy lands another first rounder through a trade (i expect Myers will very likely be dealt)

not many Finns this year but i am thinking Chevy goes the way of Finland again. Perhaps Kotkaniemi or Kupari?

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
i would think odds are that Chevy lands another first rounder through a trade (i expect Myers will very likely be dealt)

not many Finns this year but i am thinking Chevy goes the way of Finland again. Perhaps Kotkaniemi or Kupari?

This or moving Perreault would be a ideal situation, if Chevy is capable of getting a top 15 pick out of either guys(Myers, Perreault, Little or I’d say even Kulikov but that would be too soon).

If Chevy is capable of getting a 10-20 pick this guy should be praised for his genius as GM. I mean keeping Stas and getting a good prospect would be astonishing.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
hey all, if anyone is interested, still need a Jets GM to draft for this years picks...go to mock drafts, and check out my thread, 7 teams left to go before we start drafting, so if anyone likes doing mock drafts just head over there and request the Jets or whatever team is left and they are yours...thanks!

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
hey all, if anyone is interested, still need a Jets GM to draft for this years picks...go to mock drafts, and check out my thread, 7 teams left to go before we start drafting, so if anyone likes doing mock drafts just head over there and request the Jets or whatever team is left and they are yours...thanks!
Second round?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Oh, here it is. Not really all that interested in dissecting or discussing the last game or the series in general. Time to turn our attention to the draft.

So, the Jets now ultimately know where they're going to pick this year. By virtue of not owning a first round pick, barring something happening at the draft, the Jets pick no earlier than
59th overall (best record of the 2 losing teams in the conference finals). Who do we think would be a decent player to get around there? Hopefully Chevy and company identifies someone with a high ceiling. I'd like them to not trade away anymore first round draft picks.

Reactions: Duke749

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Bad news. No pick round 1 :laugh:

Yea and we pick very late in the 2nd. This draft is a bit of a write off unless we dump assets for a 1st? Either way I am at piece with it Stastny was amazing in the playoffs foe us.

Reactions: KingBogo

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I wonder how far Ryan Merkley could fall.

Someone will blow off a second round pick on him if they have multiple 2nds. Always GM’s willing to gamble on high risk players that produce points.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Yea and we pick very late in the 2nd. This draft is a bit of a write off unless we dump assets for a 1st? Either way I am at piece with it Stastny was amazing in the playoffs foe us.

I wouldn't really consider this draft a write off. The draft is deeper than one round. 2015 was huge for the Jets from top to bottom, and last year's draft looked pretty decent outside of the first round as well.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I wouldn't really consider this draft a write off. The draft is deeper than one round. 2015 was huge for the Jets from top to bottom, and last year's draft looked pretty decent outside of the first round as well.

Still think Myers is dealt for a first round pick plus this summer. I think we get one of Bouchard or Dobson.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Still think Myers is dealt for a first round pick plus this summer. I think we get one of Bouchard or Dobson.

If Myers gets dealt for a 1st, I'll build exactly nothing in Chevy's honour. Myers has to have that much worth to other teams in the league, right? He's a bad defenseman, but there are worse out there, and he attributed himself well on the stat sheet (cough cough) in the playoffs. Come on, someone bite on the David Clarkson special. How about you, Florida? You could use him to hit the cap floor! I mean, wasn't that your consideration in getting rid of Riley Smith and Johnathan Marchessault? Because they were too expensive? His salary is 1.5m! Perfect!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
If Myers gets dealt for a 1st, I'll build exactly nothing in Chevy's honour. Myers has to have that much worth to other teams in the league, right? He's a bad defenseman, but there are worse out there, and he attributed himself well on the stat sheet (cough cough) in the playoffs. Come on, someone bite on the David Clarkson special. How about you, Florida? You could use him to hit the cap floor! I mean, wasn't that your consideration in getting rid of Riley Smith and Johnathan Marchessault? Because they were too expensive? His salary is 1.5m! Perfect!

I am thinking this is a Chireli special. They desperately need a PP offensive right D. I am hopeful Chireli does his classic overpay.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Oils, Leafs, Florida. Come on down. The price is wrong!!!!!

Reactions: snowkiddin

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Yea point taken....I always enjoy draft day but its a bit tougher this year without a pick in the 1st round. Either way I will get ready at some point.....usually I have the Black Book out by now and I am jacked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad