2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Odds jets are trading up to get back in the first round? I think GM (great magician) Chevy pulls a first rounder out of his rear end somehow.

EnglishJet

Jul 18, 2014
Nova Scotia
Woo is out again for concussion symptoms, 3rd time this year. He's dropping like a rock in the standings. Some even have him in the 2nd round now. If he can't get back in for the playoffs he may get passed by quite a few teams. We definitely still have a shot.

Do we still want him though? That’s a tough one to come back from...

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Looks like Philly has a second 1st at 23 that we could keep our eye on, especially if Woo is still on the board.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Odds jets are trading up to get back in the first round? I think GM (great magician) Chevy pulls a first rounder out of his rear end somehow.
depends where our 2nd is. i think a package of a 2nd+prospect might land us back in the back end of the 1st..

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Woo? Cuz hes from Winnipeg and has a cool name? Cuz 3 concusions is a huge red flag to me.

I don't get why ppl want woo so bad.

If im making a trade to get a 1st on draft day... Its not to pick a guy with 3 concusions.

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
I must repeat it because I love being so wrong about it but I was annoyed about Chevy making our pick drop in 2017 and was still thinking 'don't do BPA we need defence' despite knowing thats wrong but now Vesalainen is excellent. With (at present, in my opinion) exception of Stanley we hit home runs in the draft. Have a feeling if the scouts etc have someone they feel worth moving into first round for they will make it happen.

Hopefully there are some gems in the 2nd round. 2016 had a couple of these.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I don't think it's 3 concussions but rather he continues to show symptoms of the first one and to my knowledge only one.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Good news my friends! Talked to a guy with the Warriors. Woo was only out once with a concussion this season. The last two times he's been out with a hip flexor injury. Was back today and he scored a goal.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Good news my friends! Talked to a guy with the Warriors. Woo was only out once with a concussion this season. The last two times he's been out with a hip flexor injury. Was back today and he scored a goal.

Woo Woo
Go Jett Go!

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Looking at the Hockeyprospect.com March ranking and then realizing that we don't have a 1st round pick made me sad. That used to be a yearly ritual this time of the year.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Looking at the Hockeyprospect.com March ranking and then realizing that we don't have a 1st round pick made me sad. That used to be a yearly ritual this time of the year.

Who knows what the future holds. Chevy has some roster choices to make. I'll still be watching regardless .....he better not trade our 2019 first though, since I'll be in attendance at that draft.

Also glad we won't get excited about this for a change. I'll probably tune in to see the Oilers win again ;)

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Vitali Kravtsov has 3 goals in 3 KHL playoff games and he's totally going to be russianfactored out of the first round.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
I don’t know who will be available by the Jets pick, but I definitely would be happy with Jack Drury at that spot.

The Jets do like those high IQ USHLers/collegiate players. Sounds like a pretty smart driven kid.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I feel like someone like Petan could be turned into picks at the draft. Habs have a ton of 2nd rounders, and Wings have VGK 1st rounder. Either of those could be interested

I doubt anyone is giving up a 2nd straight up for Petan

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
I doubt anyone is giving up a 2nd straight up for Petan
I dont think it's unreasonable. 23 year old ppg ahl guy who is stuck behind Jets' depth. Im sure the NHL stat guys see the same things guys like stat guys like Garret see in Petan

Dano and Lemieux are others who i could definitely see being dealt for picks

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I dont think it's unreasonable. 23 year old ppg ahl guy who is stuck behind Jets' depth. Im sure the NHL stat guys see the same things guys like stat guys like Garret see in Petan

Dano and Lemieux are others who i could definitely see being dealt for picks

I would say 3rd/4th is more likely. I think he's probably part of a package if traded.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Have watched him a couple times and I'm a fan. Interesting the Jets have expressed their interest.

Meet Liam Kirk, England's bright young hockey star and best...

On a recent phone call, Kirk, who turned 18 in January, listed off all of the NHL teams that have expressed interest ahead of this summer's draft, or have travelled to come watch him play.

The Buffalo Sabres. The Detroit Red Wings. The Edmonton Oilers. The Vancouver Canucks. The Arizona Coyotes. The Winnipeg Jets.

“The penny has dropped on him quite a bit. He’s got fabulous speed, puck awareness. He’s now grasping it. I mean, he’s an offensive talent. His offensive instincts are starting to take over now.”

“He comes from a great family. He’s very level-headed. He doesn't get too excited about anything. He’s an intelligent boy. He absorbs the information and not just takes it in but processes it and that’s half the battle,” he said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad