2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Some Dahlin sighting

It's a shame we'll never get a chance at him. An elite skater, passer and stickhandler is just what we need on LD. :cry:

Dahlin - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Schlemko - Jerabek/Benn
Jerabek/Benn-Davidson

is a dreamy blue line.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'd do backflips if Brady Tkachuk was there in the 20s. /QUOTE]

Is that Keith's son?

Yep that's his youngest son, he's got another playing for the Calgary Flames.

2018 NHL Draft Rankings: HockeyProspect.com's Early Top 31 - HockeyProspect.com | 2018 NHL Draft

Hockeyprospect.com's very first ranking is out. Super early obviously but like most they have Dahlin ahead of Svechnikov, at the moment at least. Merkley will end up WAY higher than 22, Khovanov not in the first round would floor me come next june too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Not trying to be a hater but could this be the worst draft for Canada ever? USA's 2000 crop is wayyyy better

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Not trying to be a hater but could this be the worst draft for Canada ever? USA's 2000 crop is wayyyy better

Well if you're talking top 3 then yeah, but if most of the high profile guys have a good year about half the first round could be Canada born by my estimation. A lot of tweeners in the CHL too that could make it with a solid season. Number wise it should be one of the better year for Canadian prospects. It's true this will be one of the best years for top american talent though, that country should be well represented .

Last edited:

get25

Oct 17, 2015
https://www.hockeyprospect.com/2018-nhl-draft-rankings-hockeyprospect-coms-early-top-31/

Hockeyprospect.com's very first ranking is out. Super early obviously but like most they have Dahlin ahead of Svechnikov, at the moment at least. Merkley will end up WAY higher than 22, Khovanov not in the first round would floor me come next june too.
https://futureconsiderations.ca/top-rankings-2018/

Here they have Velono higher, Tkachuck is at 6th instead of 4th.
Merkley is higher (given his season).
Dahlin is still first.:cry:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
It's obvious which player I want the Habs to pick in the 1st round next year, his name is "Poison to Opponents"!!!...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
https://futureconsiderations.ca/top-rankings-2018/

Here they have Velono higher, Tkachuck is at 6th instead of 4th.
Merkley is higher (given his season).
Dahlin is still first.:cry:

There is plenty of interesting prospects at our range like Wise, Bouchard, Lundestrom, Thomas, Woo and Kurashev.

2018 is a great draft and we have a 1st, 3 2nd, 1 3rd,4th,5th,6th. Hopefully, Bergevin either gets us a Cup or keep the picks.

Last edited:

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
There is plenty of interesting prospects at our range like Wise, Bouchard, Lundestrom, Thomas, Woo and Kurashev.

2018 is a great draft and we have a 1st, 3 2nd, 1 3rd,4th,5th,6th. If Sergachev doesn't play 40 games, we have 4 2nd (minus a 6th). Hopefully, Bergevin either gets us a Cup or keep the picks.

If Sergachev doesn't play 40 games, we lose a 2nd round pick, we don't gain another one.

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
A first and two second round picks is really good for next year. A third second round would be amazing. Hope Sergachev will play the 40 games next year.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It's looking good for us , there should be some talented options available in the mid 20's. Those list will change a lot by the time we draft though, there are quite a few guys that are ranked way too low in my opinion.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

Pretty good ! That's closer to what I have at the moment than some of the other early ones I've seen. I'm strongly in the Merkley as the number 2 dman in the draft camp personally but I'll admit a lot of it is me having seen much more of him than McIsaac. Akil Thomas would be the other main difference for me, I have him as a sure fire top 15 pick, I've been super impressed by that kid.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
While highly unlikely the Habs will pick top five in 2018, my choices if they miss the playoffs, get lucky enough to move into the 6-10 range. Then either Joe "Poison" Veleno(LHC) or Jared McIsaac(LHD) the Irishman, are my top two selections, for the future. Truly would be special if the Habs got #1 OV, then trade down for both these two gems somehow!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Not very greedy when it comes to my Habs, just insanely greedy!!!...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Haven't had time to watch the Hlinka camp but from what I've been reading Burzan, Merkley and Hayton are having a solid camp.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc

Great list, while Veleno(C) & McIsaac(LHD) are two I really want the Habs to try and move up for, Hughes could become an excellent partner for Weber in a couple of years. Also Benoit Groulx(C) is another QMJHL center that plays the two way game that suits the Habs system to a tee.:handclap::handclap::handclap: Add Ryan McLeod(C) to the aforementioned centers I would like the Habs to draft BPA always though, which may be Quinton Hughes(LHD)Michigan Wolverine!!!.....................

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Talented roster, the defense in particular could be stellar.

Surprised Bouchard didn't make it over Bahl. Other surprise would be Rodrigue over both Ingham and Mandolese. The kid has all it takes but he hasn't put it together on a consistent basis yet. The rest was pretty much what I expected. Surprised Tychonick didn't get an invite and sucks McShane got hurt in the first game.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Surprised Bouchard didn't make it over Bahl. Other surprise would be Rodrigue over both Ingham and Mandolese. The kid has all it takes but he hasn't put it together on a consistent basis yet. The rest was pretty much what I expected. Surprised Tychonick didn't get an invite and sucks McShane got hurt in the first game.

Evan Bouchard might be the biggest surprise out there for sure, he was absolutely expected to be there. He got outplayed by guys like Noah Dobson and Calen Addison on the right side, who really wanted it more than he did. Inconsistency has been an issue for him in the past, he tends to fade at times. I wonder how that will impact his stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->