2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
I keep hearing that 2018 is projected to be one of the better drafts. Hopefully that is true. We desperately need to fill the cupboards.

Malmo

Apr 6, 2008
I keep hearing that 2018 is projected to be one of the better drafts. Hopefully that is true. We desperately need to fill the cupboards.

We possibly have 4 second round picks. Our own, Washington's (Eller trade), Chicago's (Weise trade) and possibly Tampa's (if Sergachev plays 40 games for them next year). This will be helpful to either fill up the prospect pool or move up in the first round.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
We possibly have 4 second round picks. Our own, Washington's (Eller trade), Chicago's (Weise trade) and possibly Tampa's (if Sergachev plays 40 games for them next year). This will be helpful to either fill up the prospect pool or move up in the first round.

Habs can't get Tampa's pick. They'd keep Washington's 2nd if Sergachev plays 40+ games.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com

we're the ones giving away a 2nd round pick if Sergachev doesn't play 40 games

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Filip Zadina is good. But unfortunately, he's a RW!

Lots of talent for next year!

Lots of talent from the Q as well. Man so much potential. Let's hope they don't disappoint.

A guy like Ryan Merkley or Bouchard in Montreal would definitely cement our defence. McShane put up good numbers for a 17 yo C in the OHL.

Merkley destroyed the OHL as a 17 yo Dmen wow lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I'd do backflips if Brady Tkachuk was there in the 20s. Olivier Wahlstrom looks real good too, insane skill already in an NHL-ready body (6'1", ~200lbs). What a draft this is, could be some real good ones there with our two 2nd rounders.

Just looking at the draft list now, what about late '99 defenseman Nicolas Beaudin? Or
Swiss forward Nando Eggenberger, who not only has a great name but played the majority of last season in the NLA with Davos? Swede Adam Ginning, who played parts of last season in the SHL?

I really think this is a year to swing for the fences. No more Ryan Poehling's, even if that wasn't a bad pick, and more Josh Brook/Joni Ikonen. Who are the real high-ceiling, big-risk type of guys we should be trying to take a chance on? A few guys who look appealing are Lukas Wernblom, David Levin, or one of those sub-6'0" defenders such as Calen Addison or Adam Boqvist.

Last edited:

DesmondDekker

Let's diddly go !
Sep 11, 2006
Canada
I wonder if we can luck out like New Jersey, Philadelphia or Dallas did this year. :naughty:

What makes you think we'll miss the playoffs !? :sarcasm: Seriously though, 2018 seems like a year where tanking could really pay off. If we're out of the playoffs by trade deadline, I hope MB deals Plekanec and other vets for extra picks.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
What makes you think we'll miss the playoffs !? :sarcasm: Seriously though, 2018 seems like a year where tanking could really pay off. If we're out of the playoffs by trade deadline, I hope MB deals Plekanec and other vets for extra picks.

I think it's 50/50 whether we make the playoffs or not at this point. You look at how the teams within the division have improved and I see us in a glut of about 10 teams that could be on the bubble.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Obviously, very early, but Levin's stock has taken a big hit since being draft 1st overall. I really don't think he has much of a chance going top-10.

We'll see, he certainly was one of the few bright spots offensively last year on a mediocre Sudbury team. He's a late birthday ( this will already be his third full season) so there's going to be a lot of expectations for him to step it up . The individual skills are there but he's undersized so there's always going to be some doubts there. I can't say he's ever wowed me the way Akil Thomas or Ryan Merkley have.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
I like that the Hawks made some very questionable moves on the year we hold their 2nd.

Obviously they should be a playoff team but I don't see em at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->