2018 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

TyToff

Feb 20, 2016
Among the prospects projected to go in the Kings' likely draft range, I really like Serron Noel.

Reactions: Crown Royal

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I haven't done much research yet on this upcoming draft class. Besides Dahlin is it a deep draft? Who are the standouts thus far?

Decent up top, and decent depth on the blue line in the first round. Noticeable lack of centers and another down year for top Canadian talent which usually has been a red flag in past drafts. Bob McKenzie's midseason rankings (in the original post) is probably the best article of late about the draft.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Quinn Hughes is maybe the best skater I have ever seen at the NCAA level. Was hoping for a bit more offensively this year but the talent is there to produce at the NHL level. He won't be Erik Karlsson but he has a chance to be a Niedermayer type player. But as good as Quinn is keep an eye on his brother for next years draft, he is an even better prospect.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Yeah, I'm going to chalk it up as a comment made by someone who hasn't watched him play and is unfamiliar with him.

Yeah. While I obviously think it's silly to call him a bust considering how well he did as an 18 year-old against typically 19-20 year-olds, I do think there are some teams who could hurt his development if they win the lottery.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
cut.jpg

Bouchard showing leadership qualities for London

Evan Bouchard

Don't think the Kings would be in any position to draft him, but Evan Bouchard would be a great addition to any prospect pipeline.

As the article mentions, he's also a big fan of Drew Doughty.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
As of today, just going by overall league standings, the Kings would be in the late-mid range, currently sitting at #18 overall.

I have an inkling they may look at drafting a defensemen at this draft, considering the number of dmen who are primed to go in the first round this year. A number of names to consider.

Some names who may be in that range: Mattias Samuelsson, K'Andre Miller, Bode Wilde, Ryan Merkley, and Woo, Woo, Woo, Jett Woo.

Reactions: lumbergh

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I know the Lombardi regime coveted college defensemen. They'd have for sure gone after Samuelsson or Bode Wilde. I'm not sure what Blake is going to have a tendency for just yet, but as a former college defenseman himself...

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Yeah. While I obviously think it's silly to call him a bust considering how well he did as an 18 year-old against typically 19-20 year-olds, I do think there are some teams who could hurt his development if they win the lottery.

Well yea the Oilers for one. They don’t develop just draft and chuck them into the league. I almost feel bad for some of the kids in recent years but then I remember they are Oilers.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Based on stats, I am surprised Jonatan Berggren is ranked so lowly.

Skellefteå AIK J20 SuperElit361735523423
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Anze Kopitar at same age

Södertälje SK J20 SuperElit302821492629
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Might be a size thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->