Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Thanks. But I don't see his team on that site.

Are you all going and watching him live? On TV? How are you all watching him play besides youtube highlights?

Go through the USHL portal. The website also has the 5-nations games.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Go through the USHL portal. The website also has the 5-nations games.
True, but I'm not valuing a performance in a tournament nearly as much as the body of work of a season. It's a nice extra perk, but anybody can get hot (or cold) for a handful of games.

(Not saying you were putting huge emphasis on those games. Just qualifying my own stance on them.)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'm looking at Eliteprospects, and I don't think that's true? Veleno had 31 points in 31 games with Saint John and then 48 in 33 with Drummondville for a total of 79.

Bouchard had 87 points in 67 games.

Although, I gotta say... I kinda wanted that to be true for a minute there.

My mistake. Thought it was 89 pts from a quick glance... stupid split stats.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
True, but I'm not valuing a performance in a tournament nearly as much as the body of work of a season. It's a nice extra perk, but anybody can get hot (or cold) for a handful of games.

(Not saying you were putting huge emphasis on those games. Just qualifying my own stance on them.)

I don't disagree with that statement, though Wahlstrom has been very good outside of international competition as well. If you want to see him outside of international tournaments, you can watch every USHL game the U18 NDTP played this year on that website.

A II R

Jun 2, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
ISS final rankings for NA:

1. Svech
2. Tkachuk
3. Zadina
4. Bouchard
5. Dobson
6. Hughes
7. Wahlstrom
8. Veleno
9. Hayton
10. Noel

FWIW - they did say that Bouchard/Dobson/Hughes are basically interchangeable and it depends on what a team is looking for.

INT

1. Dahlin
2. Boqvist
3. Kravtsov
4. Kaut
5. Ginning
6. Kotkaniemi
7. Denisenko
8. Lundestrom
9. Olofsson
10. Johansson

Last edited:

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
I wanted to trade Tatar or Nyquist + our #1 pick in 2016 to move up to draft Sergachev. The people who replied considered it a massive over payment, which I took to mean it was a very attractive offer.

People are very risk averse, which is probably why so many agree with Holland's passivity. They very rarely consider the upside, which is a very young d-man who is already putting up 40 point seasons in the best league in the world. Better to play the long game I guess and see what you have in Cholowski in 5 or so years.

This year would be a great year to do that with Nyquist.
Or maybe with Nielsen, eating a little bit of salary.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
ISS final rankings for NA:

1. Svech
2. Tkachuk
3. Zadina
4. Bouchard
5. Dobson
6. Hughes
7. Wahlstrom
8. Veleno
9. Hayton
10. Noel

FWIW - they did say that Bouchard/Dobson/Hughes are basically interchangeable and it depends on what a team is looking for.

INT

1. Dahlin
2. Boqvist
3. Kravtsov
4. Kaut
5. Ginning
6. Kotkaniemi
7. Deniseko
8. Lundestrom
9. Olofsson
10. Johansson

It hurts seeing Kaut so high. Was hoping he might be around for the Vegas pick.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
a lot of us were unhappy with last year draft , but only time will show who was wright . For coming year i like to see us drafting us many 2 way players as possible

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Who are the potential good young picks for rounds 3 and on? Anyone exciting or does the talent really drop off after the top of the 1st round.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Who are the potential good young picks for rounds 3 and on? Anyone exciting or does the talent really drop off after the top of the 1st round.

Pavel Gogolev, Riley Damiani, Semyon Der-Arguchintsev, Cole Fonstad are a few guys who are pretty skilled but may fall to the later rounds.

I think most drafts drop off a bit after the 50-60 range, typically.

I am not a big proponent of trading up with our second first-round pick, but he is one of the few I would consider trading up for.

Who are the others? I like Ty Smith or Bode Wilde potentially. But I am also fine with standing pat with the Vegas pick.

Reactions: Oddbob

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Pavel Gogolev, Riley Damiani, Semyon Der-Arguchintsev, Cole Fonstad are a few guys who are pretty skilled but may fall to the later rounds.

I think most drafts drop off a bit after the 50-60 range, typically.

Who are the others? I like Ty Smith or Bode Wilde potentially. But I am also fine with standing pat with the Vegas pick.

Farabee and Smith are the other two I was thinking about. This is very situational for me: Kotkaniemi depending upon how far up we need to move, Smith provided we don't take Hughes or Boqvist earlier and Farabee if we don't need to move up very far. I am not a huge Wilde fan. He scares me with the puck outside of the offensive zone. That said, I probably wouldn't pass on him with Vegas' pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->