Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
So I posted this on the trade forum, but what would you guys think about this:

Montreal gets: #6, #30, and Athanasiou

Detroit gets: #3 and #56

Ideally, Detroit drafts Zadina at 3 and Montreal gets Kotkaniemi at 6.

Thoughts? Keep in mind AA would have been Montreal's 7th highest scorer last year.

Figured this was possible since that vid with Drapes has Regner saying that Holland is rumored to really covet Zadina.

No reason to do this whatsoever. Whoever they take at 6 could easily end up being a better player than Zadina, not to mention it will be a C/D over a winger. In all likelihood Zadina will be there at 6 anyways if it's Kot that Montreal wants.

They should be trying to turn their assets into a 2nd top 10 pick instead.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Oh, I agree with most of you. I would personally prefer we take Hughes at 6. I was just curious how mad everyone would be if we did a deal like that and if the value was fair. I figured the 30th wasn't enough to move up to 3, at least historically, and especially if Holland really thinks Zadina's a game changer. Getting rid of AA solves some roster jam issues and gets rid of a potential headache and we still get a 2nd round pick back to keep us with 4 top 60 picks. I would love to move up from the 30th pick and ideally would use one of the extra 3rd's to do it but not sure if that gets it done.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If the Avalanche called and offered us this years first #16 and Ottawa's unprotected 2019 first pick, how long do any of you think about that? What if they offered us those and a second this year as well 47th or 58th pick?

I mean I love the top 10 this year, but I feel like I have to move that for the assets if that were to be the offer.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If the Avalanche called and offered us this years first #16 and Ottawa's unprotected 2019 first pick, how long do any of you think about that? What if they offered us those and a second this year as well 47th or 58th pick?

I mean I love the top 10 this year, but I feel like I have to move that for the assets if that were to be the offer.

I’d be a lot more receptive to this if a team I thought would be lousy at the start of the year didn’t just make it to the Stanley Cup Final.

Too many variables and things out of our control for me, but I see the appeal.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I’d be a lot more receptive to this if a team I thought would be lousy at the start of the year didn’t just make it to the Stanley Cup Final.

Too many variables and things out of our control for me, but I see the appeal.

I love they say they won't drop out of the top 10, was just wondering what it might take to force that hand. Thought that was an interesting hypothetical offer.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
I love they say they won't drop out of the top 10, was just wondering what it might take to force that hand. Thought that was an interesting hypothetical offer.

Yeah, seems way too risky for me. With the way that the wings draft luck has been going, (dropping 3 spots in 2017, 1 spot this year, Vegas giving us the 30th instead of potentially 24th) I would not want to risk it. What happens if Ottawa trades Hoffman, pulls together as a team to prove the doubters wrong, and goes on a decent run to make the playoffs? Anything less than a top 10 pick next year is not worth moving down 10 spots this year IMO.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I will be ok with Bouchard

He is the biggest. But all the reports I have seen of him are he is the dumbest hockey iq wise. So with him I'd say there is a much greater bust potential. Dobson I like most outside of Dahlin. He has iq, great skater, transitions well. But sadly the memorial cup run probably has him on someone's radar before us.

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
Say Dobson is there at like 4, could we trade our first plus a second or third to swap 4 to 6? Or like 6th+AA to 4th to grab Dobson?

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
He is the biggest. But all the reports I have seen of him are he is the dumbest hockey iq wise. So with him I'd say there is a much greater bust potential. Dobson I like most outside of Dahlin. He has iq, great skater, transitions well. But sadly the memorial cup run probably has him on someone's radar before us.

From everything I heard Bouchard is the best passer and can make the most plays breaking out/in zone, etc.. so I don’t buy the dumbest iq thing for Bouchard

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
]I heard Bouchard the main knock is hockey IQ. Maybe I'm wrong but that concerns me. It is one thing to dominate your peers when you are basically a man playing against boys like his size attributes. But when that advantage is taken away from you and your lacking smarts it increases the chance of busting I believe.

I just really, really hope we don't miss on this pick. With the montreal trade fiasco though I am hopeful Dobsen slides to us cause I believe they will take a center now.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
]I heard Bouchard the main knock is hockey IQ. Maybe I'm wrong but that concerns me. It is one thing to dominate your peers when you are basically a man playing against boys like his size attributes. But when that advantage is taken away from you and your lacking smarts it increases the chance of busting I believe.

I just really, really hope we don't miss on this pick. With the montreal trade fiasco though I am hopeful Dobsen slides to us cause I believe they will take a center now.

He might not be the best defender but you dont put up 87 points as a dman with bad hockey IQ. There are plenty of guys who skate faster than him, and size wise its not like hes enormous or that dmen use their size on offense at all really. Hes got good IQ, at least offensively

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

McKenzie like him better than Boqvist or Hughes, and we will draft him if he still available.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
scewed numbers with franzen and (I think) buyout players still counted.

from the article

I’ve only included skaters here — no goalies — and they had to have skated in a minimum of 100 minutes at 5-on-5 as of Thursday afternoon.

so no, franzen doesn't count and buyouts certainly don't count either (where on earth did you get that???).

david booth wasn't included either.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The Bouchard hockey sense thing is 100% bs. Cherry picking at its worst.

100%? I don't think it's the most condemning thing in the world, but there were some fair points brought up. I can fully endorse drafting Bouchard, but not sure I trust he will be a stalwart in his own end as a pro. However I do think there is some room for him to improve there.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
The Bouchard hockey sense thing is 100% bs. Cherry picking at its worst.
I don't think it's made up at all personally. He's got great offensive IQ, but he always seems "off" to me in the D-zone. That guy in the Bouchard thread definitely hates him more than I do, but he made good points about problems in Bouchard's game. Some of it is certainly just being worn out, but not all of it IMO and it's a legitimate concern. Every prospect has weaknesses though and there's no reason he can't develop.

Reactions: NickH8
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
100%? I don't think it's the most condemning thing in the world, but there were some fair points brought up. I can fully endorse drafting Bouchard, but not sure I trust he will be a stalwart in his own end as a pro. However I do think there is some room for him to improve there.
He's never going to be a stalwart in his own end, but that doesn't mean he has a terminal case of poor hockey sense. He's just an offensive defenseman with typical offensive defenseman flaws. Like many guys in that mold, he has excellent decision-making and vision in offensive situations, but is sometimes out of position or too casual in his own zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad