Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft - Shall We Begin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
Button has McBain at #11 which is about right, but 4th ranked Centre. Not sure I agree with that.
Hayton had a good Hlinka, but I put McBain ahead.

You've been arguing that McBain is better than Hayton for 2yrs. All due respect, but I don't get the comparison. Very different style players.

McBain has been hyped for a long time. Hayton is a relative unknown.

Both have high pro upside. Hayton is on a steeper trajectory right now imo.

Where they each peak is anyone's guess. It'll be fun to watch them both.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hayton is definitely intriguing as a guy just starting to arrive on the scene, playing for a great organization in developing talent like SSM furthers that.

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
Hayton is a very good player. Was drafted 1st round to Soo. Not an unknown. I said he had a very good Hlinka. He is a good player, I just like McBain more as a Centre. Lol, I haven't been comparing The two for years. Good luck to them both.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The US prospects game is on tonight at 7PM EST. They're offering a free stream on their website for those interested.

DKRcCOWX0AIm69-.jpg:large

http://www.allamericanprospectsgame.com

Scratchy

Nov 14, 2011
Jett Woo and Ty Smith are playing c=very well, Jared McIsaac too, and Noah Dobson is turning a few heads.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
It would be perfect if we come in 2nd again in the draft lottery.

A. Svechnikov is looking great. 8 goals in 8 games.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Ok so I'm looking at getting Jachym Kondelik at some point in this draft. Imagine having this lineup on the ice at once, all big guys who can all skate:

Ratcliffe (6'6") - Voroboyov (6'2") - Kondelik (6'6")
Morin (6'6")/Myers (6'5")/Sanheim (6'4")

That would be a tough matchup for any team. If every player on the ice has 3+ inches on you and 20+ pounds on you, even if you've got better skaters out there it will be difficult to matchup, and these guys (with the exception of Kondelik whom I am not certain about his skating) are all good skaters.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Ok so I'm looking at getting Jachym Kondelik at some point in this draft. Imagine having this lineup on the ice at once, all big guys who can all skate:

Ratcliffe (6'6") - Voroboyov (6'2") - Kondelik (6'6")
Morin (6'6")/Myers (6'5")/Sanheim (6'4")

That would be a tough matchup for any team. If every player on the ice has 3+ inches on you and 20+ pounds on you, even if you've got better skaters out there it will be difficult to matchup, and these guys (with the exception of Kondelik whom I am not certain about his skating) are all good skaters.

Kondelik is a pretty poor skater from what I saw at WJC-18. Not that fast and pretty clunky. Talented for sure... but has to improve his skating.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Kondelik is a pretty poor skater from what I saw at WJC-18. Not that fast and pretty clunky. Talented for sure... but has to improve his skating.
Well hopefully he can do so and we can grab him and ice the world's biggest team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->