Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Calling it now, we miss playoffs, pick 15, take mcleods brother, board melts down. Seriously though, Mikey sucks. his season is a bigger embarrassment than our collapse. want no part of his less talented younger brother.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Calling it now, we miss playoffs, pick 15, take mcleods brother, board melts down. Seriously though, Mikey sucks. his season is a bigger embarrassment than our collapse. want no part of his less talented younger brother.

Do you watch him play? That’s not a jab. Genuinely curious. I’m suspicious he still has a nagging injury but I’m not sure if stats tell the story with him or not. He was pretty good last playoff run and it doesn’t make sense he’d be less effective than that this season.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Do you watch him play? That’s not a jab. Genuinely curious. I’m suspicious he still has a nagging injury but I’m not sure if stats tell the story with him or not. He was pretty good last playoff run and it doesn’t make sense he’d be less effective than that this season.

People love to hate on Mikey a ton due to stat watching and his shot not being great. Still probably hanst fully recovered from his injury earlier this season (people say he still seems a few steps behind his regular speed, but is still fast) and his team isn't tops on the division....yet his points per game is much better this year hmm.

Reactions: My3Sons

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Also there are so many good D this draft that no matter where we pick in the 1st, there should be a good D available. I dont think shero is that dumb to pick a foward unless someone really good falls a bit.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Im not a pure stat watcher, ive watched him play around 10 times this year, couple of times in years passed. Really don't see a lot there besides speed.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
lol this post will really age well. screenshot!
Just like I was wrong about Zacha... all of you just go by the eye test. "wowzzzz he skatez fasttttttttttt good in neutral zonedoesn't score but that just means elite defense lolzzzzz." very similar players. Mikey is a faster, but unfortunately even LESS offensively gifted than zacha and I don't want to hear your argument. Everyone agreed his upside in terms of scoring was less than Zacha and guess what... Zacha doesn't score.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Im not a pure stat watcher, ive watched him play around 10 times this year, couple of times in years passed. Really don't see a lot there besides speed.
You've watched 10 Mississauga Steelheads games?

giphy.gif

My3Sons

Sponsor
Just like I was wrong about Zacha... all of you just go by the eye test. "wowzzzz he skatez fasttttttttttt good in neutral zonedoesn't score but that just means elite defense lolzzzzz." very similar players. Mikey is a faster, but unfortunately even LESS offensively gifted than zacha and I don't want to hear your argument. Everyone agreed his upside in terms of scoring was less than Zacha and guess what... Zacha doesn't score.

You may be proven correct but it’s still early to write off PZ or McLeod. Can they be seen as safe picks that will play NHL minutes but maybe not above a third line success rate? Right now that’s a reasonable opinion but both deserve a full and fair chance to develop their games.

Reactions: Darkauron

My3Sons

Sponsor

Don’t mock my eye test. I’ve got pretty good eyes for an old man. I don’t have to wear glasses yet.

Reactions: zharkenby

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
works for me. it'll be fun to re-visit this in a few years
Look man, I really REALLY hope that youre right. But the season hes having would be un impressive if he was draft eligible this year. He'd be a late first rounder at best.

My3Sons

Sponsor

And I don’t drag out my word like that or speak English as a third language as in your example.

Reactions: MartyOwns

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
nope. WJC.

So then you barely have watched him all then, as he has not played much at the WJC's at all in the past two years. So you have also not seen him in a top line role and playing to his best game night in and night out on a top line at Mississauga......:laugh::laugh:

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
You guys can get all bitter but nothing im saying is incorrect. Hes having a pathetic season. Please PLEASE try argue me on that.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Look man, I really REALLY hope that youre right. But the season hes having would be un impressive if he was draft eligible this year. He'd be a late first rounder at best.

i'm not trying to be a condescending dick, i'm just asking. what do you really know about the season he's having, beyond his stats? do you know the context (i.e. the role he's been asking to play)?

IMO, in addition to walsh, he's one of the most important and promising prospects we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad