GDT: 2018 NHL Draft Lottery, BUF-CAR-MTL end up 1-2-3

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
I know our division was awful but this is the worst case scenario for us down the road. 3 of the top 4 from our division and the other will be competing for a spot every year here on out.

Dahlin in Carolina would be kind of funny. Can't think of a more mundane team for him. Not sure who I'm rooting for.

Reactions: FLpanthers16

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Good for Carolina
Canes are actually the last team we want out of those three to get 1st overall, their core is already close to being set. If they get Dahlin that could open the door for trading one of their current d-men for forward help.

Meanwhile Montreal is what it is (not very good at drafting and bringing in UFAs) and Buffalo doesn't scare me at all even with Dahlin.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Canes are actually the last team we want out of those three to get 1st overall, their core is already close to being set. If they get Dahlin that could open the door for trading one of their current d-men for forward help.

Meanwhile Montreal is what it is (not very good at drafting and bringing in UFAs) and Buffalo doesn't scare me at all even with Dahlin.

Yeah Montreal is a tire fire. They literally have no prospects at all and an aging "core" that consists of an injury prone goalie and a 33 defenseman who is coming of a foot injury.

Carolina- meh. I'm not too worried.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Yeah Montreal is a tire fire. They literally have no prospects at all and an aging "core" that consists of an injury prone goalie and a 33 defenseman who is coming of a foot injury.

Carolina- meh. I'm not too worried.
I'm looking at it that which of those three could cause us trouble in the playoffs short term, Canes are clearly ahead of Buffalo/Montreal unless their new owner pulls a Viola & Cifu.

Does this effect our 2nd round pick with Arizona dropping?
Nope, only the first round.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Yea I wouldn't mind Buffalo getting it. They lost out on McDavid and Ekblad back to back, lol. They can't keep losing the lottery, right?
buffalo lost out on ekblad? they lost out on draisaitl. edmonton basically won back to back lotteries.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
I would be real open to using those picks in a package for a top 4 Dman on a contract.
problem with that is we'd have to go 4-4-1 for the expansion again. how'd that work out last time? plus we played borgstrom for nothing and then scratched him thus burning an elc year and forcing us to protect him while missing the playoffs and losing the lottery. wow, yea. so picks 15,34 huh? lol welcome to middle of the roadsville for eternity folks. or at least until the event that shall not be named. speaking of which, carolina is the last team in the world we should be happy got a top 3 pick in regards to that. we need to be rooting for nothing short of miserable failure for arizona and carolinas ticket sales for the forseeable future if we want one of those. Ive always said I don't mind our hideous past as long as we eventually win in my lifetime. being the leagues lowest ticket receipts will not help me sleep at night. no more help for those two teams please.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->