NFL: 2018 NFL off-season news & notes thread (Vikings sign Hunter to big extension)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I'm only pointing to the Patriots guys as an odd example because too many other teams keep viewing any warm body drafted by the Patriots as a viable starting QB. It's strange. The moment the Pats draft a QB, it's like that QB goes on trade watch. Sure enough, they end up having more trade value than any other team's no name QB all because of the bogus mystique that the Patriots are QB magicians.
Hoodie has done almost as good a job suckering the opposition into Brady backups as he has getting them to hire his coordinators.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
So uhhh....Cole Beasley dropped a rap album, and honestly it's not bad. I think he might be the bestt current athlete/emcee around outside of Damian Lillard, who is actually really talented

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Considering i don't know who the hell Russell Sheppard is, i don't think he's in a position to refuse paycuts.

He's a decent special teamer that looked good at times in Tampa in a very limited role, but his only impact here was scoring the first TD of the season last year. They hoped he could play the Ted Ginn role, but he did absolutely nothing, even after Benjamin got dealt, and eventually lost playing time to guys like Kaelin Clay and Brenton Bersin. If you fall behind Brenton Bersin on the depth chart, you should reexamine your career. But like I said, he probably wasn't going to make the team anyway. This was probably more about him getting a head start on an opportunity elsewhere while pocketing his money rather than petulance. The beat writers are all saying how good of a guy he was, etc.

Panthers depth chart is something like

Funchess
Moore
Smith
Wright
Samuel/Byrd
(Plus Olsen, McCaffrey, and even Anderson isn't a slouch)

That's already six guys, and I have a hard time seeing them cut any of them given their skillsets and what they've invested in them. His only hope was for an injury (which, given the history of the last two, may have actually happened).

I'm okay with this lineup going into the season.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Should have been a criminal probe for fraud here but it seems to have never happened and now with civil settlement that will remain confidential the story will fade away

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Shepard was a bizarre signing from the beginning.. was a 5th receiver/special teams guy who got way too much money.

I hope Samuel can get healthy. The Panthers have done a good job mixing in capable veterans and young guys at their offensive skill positions.

Reactions: What the Faulk

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The Packers could use an overpaid WR, who can’t get any separation, after parting ways with Jordy Nelson so this would make sense.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
While not really news, Steve Wyche is reporting that Josh Rosen is already #2 on the Cardinals depth chart ahead of Mike Glennon.

I'm not sure why he or i wasted the bandwidth to report this, but there ya go.

Feb 24, 2017
The Packers could use an overpaid WR, who can’t get any separation, after parting ways with Jordy Nelson so this would make sense.
Wow. Vikes fans really puffing their chests out after dusting off the empty trophy case to display ol YOU LIKE THAT’s record setting piece of paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad