NFL: 2018 NFL off-season news & notes thread (Vikings sign Hunter to big extension)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Fwiw: here is the rumored london games ( home teams are based off the 2018 schedule)
steelers would be home team vs panthers
jaguars would be home team vs eagles
rams would be home team vs packers
broncos would be home team vs seahawks
not sure on raiders/chargers
DSJemMXW4AQ2xm0.jpg:large

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Fwiw: here is the rumored london games ( home teams are based off the 2018 schedule)
Great thinking! Take home game that sell out win or lose from the Broncos and Steelers!

I seriously can’t believe Goddell got reupped.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

I wish his wife all the best, but its a massive coincidence this is all happening a few days after there were reports that McNair had to choose between Smith & O'Brien as there relationship has really soured.

The Pats guys might have the inside edge here given the NE connection (O'Brien/Crennel/Vrabel)

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014

I really doubt the Steelers are giving up a home game for London.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Looks like Jimmy Graham will not be returning to the Seahawks according to the Seattle Times.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I will be interested to see what he gets on the open market. He could probably still be an 80-catch, 1000-yard guy in the right offense. He could go back to the Saints depending on if bridges were burned there, but I'd kinda like to see him end up with the Patriots recreating the Gronk/Hernandez dynamic they had a few years ago. He needs to play with an accurate QB and a coach that understands how to use him right. I could also see him fitting in well with Houston or KC. Or maybe even Tampa.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

I will be interested to see what he gets on the open market. He could probably still be an 80-catch, 1000-yard guy in the right offense. He could go back to the Saints depending on if bridges were burned there, but I'd kinda like to see him end up with the Patriots recreating the Gronk/Hernandez dynamic they had a few years ago. He needs to play with an accurate QB and a coach that understands how to use him right. I could also see him fitting in well with Houston or KC. Or maybe even Tampa.

trying to figure out how cover gronk, graham, edelman, cooks and lewis/white could cause some sleepless nights for DCs.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

KC already has Kelce who the invested a decent chunk of change in.

Pats could be an option if he is willing to take a pay cut for a chance to win.

TB is set with Brace/Howard.

A Saints reunion wouldn't be a bad bet, I don't recall there being any bad blood when they traded him, just strictly business. Texans could be a good option, they have nearly 60 million in cap space but also have 5 million invested in Fiedorowicz

trying to figure out how cover gronk, graham, edelman, cooks and lewis/white could cause some sleepless nights for DCs.

Don't forget Burkhead

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I wouldn't rule out the Raiders as a destination for Jimmy Graham. Just a gut feeling, but Gruden will need to address the pass catching and running game, and adding a big red zone target would be a huge win for the Raiders.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
A Saints reunion wouldn't be a bad bet, I don't recall there being any bad blood when they traded him, just strictly business.

He made some tweets about being hashtag blessed to "be out of there" but it was never explained whether it was him having a problem with the management, or simply being the locker room situation (which was bad at the time). Then you had the situation with Sean Payton basically testifying against him in arbitration saying Graham was a TE when he was lobbying for a WR contract. Who knows what's there behind the scenes.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Pretty sure every team is going to have to do it sooner or later. As a Panther fan, I'll definitely take a London game over having to go to Pittsburgh.

Speaking of Seattle

Rough times ahead.

Sherman/Thomas free agents after 2018, Bennett might retire... was a good run LOB.

KJ Wright, Duane Brown free agents as well after next season.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Sherman/Thomas free agents after 2018, Bennett might retire... was a good run LOB.

KJ Wright, Duane Brown free agents as well after next season.

they can keep all those guys, just looking at it purely from financial perspective. bigger issue is their age.

drafting fell off ater mcloughan left. tom cable as OL coach (and apparently will be next season too).

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
they can keep all those guys, just looking at it purely from financial perspective. bigger issue is their age.

drafting fell off ater mcloughan left. tom cable as OL coach (and apparently will be next season too).

Agreed, and would love to see them hire Scott back in some capacity.
Am also getting the sinking feeling that the coaching staff will remain status quo. :ha:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Agreed, and would love to see them hire Scott back in some capacity.
Am also getting the sinking feeling that the coaching staff will remain status quo. :ha:
Carroll in the radio says it will be difficult for Avril and chancellor to return. Avril likely to retire. He has like $500k of dead cap space if cut thus saves the hawks $7.5 million in cap. Kam, however just got a 3 year extension with $20 million guaranteed. Not sure how that impacts the cap if he isn't able to play. Does the NFL other LTIR cap relief like the NHL?

Think Seattle makes one final push with the core D and then let them walk to get the compensatory draft picks.

Bennett should get cut.

Graham deal didn't work. I doubt Jimmy takes less than what he can earn.. don't see him in NE. Seems like the type to be content with putting up numbers and getting paid, which is fine given the violent nature of football, which we just saw with Kam and Avril.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Kam, however just got a 3 year extension with $20 million guaranteed. Not sure how that impacts the cap if he isn't able to play. Does the NFL other LTIR cap relief like the NHL?

no.. mostly likely seahawks have to pay most, if not all of that guaranteed money to kam and thus have it count against the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->