GDT: 2018 NFL Draft

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I really can't believe we live in a world where Baker Mayfield is going to be the #1 pick.
How is that any worse than say Josh Allen going #1 based on physical ability alone? That would be like drafting Kyle Boller first overall. At least Mayfield has showed he can play QB at a high level in college.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Assuming they don't trade down (which they probably will) I think SEA takes the best guard available at 18.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

So this really might be happening, huh? I honestly thought Darnold was a lock to go there.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Assuming they don't trade down (which they probably will) I think SEA takes the best guard available at 18.
At that point at 18, it would be Will Hernandez at guard. Personally, if Davenport, the raw DE isn’t there I would definitely trade down. They need the extra picks.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Until it actually happens, I just can't believe Barkley is going #2. It would be the worst pick from a pure value standpoint in the last decade.

I think the Giants should be taking a QB or Chubb but if they don't want to for whatever reason then they should trade back. They might be in an even better position to get a big return now if Darnold is still sitting there at #2.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Also, Allen's tweets could be both a kid being a kid and things like “Why are you so white ? — If it ain’t white, it ain’t right!” being potential problems for the racial makeup of an NFL locker room if he genuinely feels that way. He should fall mostly because his numbers are pretty mediocre, though.

EDIT:

Man, if Buffalo breaks the bank for Allen then Beane will have learned nothing from his namesake.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I always root for chaos on draft night so I hope some of these scenarios being thrown around actually happen.

One thing that worries me is the possibility of the Saints coming up for Lamar Jackson. Payton getting Jackson ready while Brees still plays at a high level for another year or two wouldn't be good. I don't want to see that.

Reactions: What the Faulk
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Ugh, didn't realize this thread existed because of who started it. Thanks HF for the new ignore logic.

If Mayfield goes 1, and Barkley goes 2:

Damn, I really like Rosen and think that's smart by the Jets, but definitely shocked he'll go over Darnold, or just top 3 in general. I was really starting to think he'd tumble a bit.

This is shaping up to be a pretty crazy draft. How many teams might get their #1 guy tonight, 8 or 9?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I always root for chaos on draft night so I hope some of these scenarios being thrown around actually happen.

One thing that worries me is the possibility of the Saints coming up for Lamar Jackson. Payton getting Jackson ready while Brees still plays at a high level for another year or two wouldn't be good. I don't want to see that.
I agree. THe price to come up now will be thbe same in a couple of years when Brees is done. Might as well use the picks to improve the team now.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Damn, I really like Rosen and think that's smart by the Jets, but definitely shocked he'll go over Darnold, or just top 3 in general. I was really starting to think he'd tumble a bit.

This is shaping up to be a pretty crazy draft. How many teams might get their #1 guy tonight, 8 or 9?

Rosen is so polarizing for teams for some reason. It seems like he should be near the top of the class as a no brainer, but I guess his personality puts off some teams. Darnold feels like a safer pick both off and on the field, though with potentially a lower ceiling. I know it's silly, but I'd also be wary of the USC QB "curse" that only Carson Palmer seems to have escaped from.

It does seem like a lot of teams are going to go home thinking they got their guy, mostly because guys below them might panic and trade up not in an effort to jump teams, but so someone else doesn't do it first.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
So the Giants had a 76 man mini camp and the only number in the 20's that wasnt taken was 26, Barkley's number

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Isaiah Wynn, maybe?
Kind of high for Wynn IMO. Personally would trade back barring Davenport being on the board at 18. Too many holes to fill to only have 1 pick in the first 2 days.

Need to do what they did last year and drop down and gain an extra third and two 4ths.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->