NFL: 2018 NFL draft prospects thread

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I don't understand how tough it is for the NFL to keep things confidential until it airs. I mean, you're still going to have those reporters guessing when they see players celebrating, but as is, it's like they provide a media release because everyone "reports" it with such certainty. It's so dumb, too. Like, we're going to find out in 5 minutes what's actually happened. Who gives a shit if you "break" it a few minutes early?

Wonder if he sneaks back into the first round. The Panthers make sense, but I would hate for Kiper to be right after I laughed at the pick months ago. Shits changed, but f*** that guy.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Wonder if he sneaks back into the first round. The Panthers make sense, but I would hate for Kiper to be right after I laughed at the pick months ago. ****s changed, but **** that guy.

If he's there for the Falcons, I would seriously think about taking him. He can start at guard for two years until Mack leaves and he can take over at center.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

He has Darnold going 1st overall.

I'd be happy with the Hernandez pick for the Vikings. Really any of those OL (Hernandez, Wynn, Ragnow, Price, Daniels) or Maurice Hurst would be good with me. A CB wouldn't be surprising either if they feel they can get an OL in the second round.

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017

He has Darnold going 1st overall.

I'd be happy with the Hernandez pick for the Vikings. Really any of those OL (Hernandez, Wynn, Ragnow, Price, Daniels) or Maurice Hurst would be good with me. A CB wouldn't be surprising either if they feel they can get an OL in the second round.

Payne is my least favoritef of the top 4 DTs @ 17 just don't see much of a pass rush would rather just take a Derrick Nnadi a round or two later.

Also is it better to be the "best natural center in the draft" or "the best pure center in the draft" ????

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Payne is my least favoritef of the top 4 DTs @ 17 just don't see much of a pass rush would rather just take a Derrick Nnadi a round or two later.

Also is it better to be the "best natural center in the draft" or "the best pure center in the draft" ????

That's funny. It must be better to be the best natural center since he has him going higher. Haha.

Reactions: Kel Varnson

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
I like Miller a lot. His flaws are technical. His athleticism is unreal. Not sure at 10 I try and be cute like that though.

He's got the raw tools for sure but his technique is all over the place. Needs to land in the right system not sure if that's Oakland

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I predict 3 UCF players go in round 2. CB Mike Hughes goes early, LB Shaq Griffin goes mid and WR Tre Quan Smith goes late.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
You think Valdez-Scantling gets drafted round 4 or earlier? He was a stud during his USF time and his combine was nuts as well.

I wouldn't call him a stud at all. He only really broke out his senior year. He's got real good size and speed but the tape isn't great. UCF held him to 2 catches, he didn't do anything that game against good corners. He's one of those guys that kill the combine and you wonder how they didn't dominate every week. I didn't watch a lot of USF but from what I saw he didn't run good routes or separate down the field. He could push around smaller DB's in college but that won't work at the next level. I see a 5-6th round pick.

Reactions: AllAbout813

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
I wouldn't call him a stud at all. He only really broke out his senior year. He's got real good size and speed but the tape isn't great. UCF held him to 2 catches, he didn't do anything that game against good corners. He's one of those guys that kill the combine and you wonder how they didn't dominate every week. I didn't watch a lot of USF but from what I saw he didn't run good routes or separate down the field. He could push around smaller DB's in college but that won't work at the next level. I see a 5-6th round pick.

Good point. We will see soon enough. I’m rooting for him (and all the USF guys!). Considering Flowers doesn’t have the greatest arm talent in the world (and I love Flowers, just think he had sub par throwing talent) I think he did ok for the offense he was working with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad