NFL: 2018 NFL draft prospects thread

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
:handclap: FSU is going to be fun to watch this year.

I'm working on getting some CSU-WY tickets. Want to see Josh Allen in person this year.

Francois is a natural. Effortless arm strength, accurate and has great pocket feel. He and Lamar Jackson get the game from the neck up.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
Josh Rosen is terrible. If that guy gets drafted in the first round I think he's a sure bust.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I have serious doubts about Rosen's durability. Shoulder issues at 20. Plus Jim Mora Jr. is doing a good job of beating the love of football out of him.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Mizzou fan here. Marcell Frazier looks like the next great lineman from Missouri. If Terry Beckner Jr. can get back on track, he could go first round as well. I love Drew Lock, but I'm not sure if he enters the draft this year.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Sutton, Washington, Ridley, Pettis, Deon Cain, Jonathan Giles.

Christian Kirk reminds me of Peter Warrick.

member 157595

I think some in the media are seriously underestimating how well Lamar Jackson's game will translate to the NFL. Just because he's an incredible athlete doesn't mean he can't throw.

As an FSU fan I hope Francois meets and/or exceeds his potential. He's really smooth.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
The NFL would rather see a QB checkdown for 5 yards than run for 15. Lamar Jackson works through progressions and routinely hits his 2nd and 3rd option. He needs to tighten up some mechanics but when he's on, he has the best arm in college football. Easily throwing 40 yard darts with a flick of the wrist.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Jags fan here excited for this crop of QBs in 2018. Bortles may be done already and it's looking like another bottom 10 finish.

Gene, you clearly like Lamar and I can't blame you. How do you rank the top 5 or so QBs for 2018? Looks like it will be a fun draft at the top next April.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Assuming the Jags have a Top ~5 pick next draft, and there isn't a QB they like available, or there is an early run on them, how would you feel about us drafting Arden Key Gene?

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
There's going to be at least 3-4 QBs go in the first round next year, and I feel like that's very conservative.

It's an above average class. Jax should be able to get someone. It's just going to be a really brutal year with Henne.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->