NBA 2018 NBA Playoffs Part II

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I'm of the opposite theory- Cavs/Warriors AGAIN for me would be a stale tiresome rerun that we don't need to see. It's been done to death.

I'm ready for some new blood- I'd be all-in on HOU/BOS because it would feature new blood and something refreshingly different.

Same here. So tired of Lebron and Curry, let's get some new matchups in there.

Hoping Houston and Boston finish off their respective series, though I'm guessing at least will go the distance.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Scuttlebutt down here was that Paul wanted to play no matter how much it hurt. but they were going to hold him back and not risk making it worse and ruin any chance of him playing a Game 7 if needed. Definitely sensible to keep him out and try to heal. Anything's possible. Harden needs to go back to being the MVP candidate he is and the rest of the team needs to bring their game on the road.

Who knows, I'm not giving up on them yet, not after what they've done. Like I said earlier they're playing with house money, they were supposed to be eliminated in four or five, not seven.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Brutal for the Rockets. I can't imagine him being close to 100% even in game 7.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Call me crazy, but I think that Andre Iguodala being out of the Warriors' lineup is a bigger loss than Chris Paul being out of the Rockets' lineup.

You can tell just how much the Rockets are abusing the Warriors' depth players. Looney, West, Bell, etc. They're so outmatched when on the court. The Warriors love to switch everything but that's killing them with Iguodala out of the lineup.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Call me crazy, but I think that Andre Iguodala being out of the Warriors' lineup is a bigger loss than Chris Paul being out of the Rockets' lineup.

You can tell just how much the Rockets are abusing the Warriors' depth players. Looney, West, Bell, etc. They're so outmatched when on the court. The Warriors love to switch everything but that's killing them with Iguodala out of the lineup.

Oh you're definitely crazy. The Rockets only go 6 or 7 deep to begin with and now just lost their second best player, who runs their offense when Harden is sitting or in his own little world like he has been recently. Iguodala is a good player and important to the Warriors success but he's their fifth best player. He'd most likely be the primary defender against Harden but Draymond, Durant, and Klay are all great defensively and Livingston isn't bad either when he's in there.

Reactions: Duke33

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX

You're crazy. Torre and Kannel were talking about that exact point this afternoon on the radio, in fact they'd been saying for the last ten days that aside from Curry or Durant (more Durant) the Warriors could lose anyone else and maybe even two players and they should still be able to walk all over the Rockets.

I'm just loving the fact that the narrative now has gone from "How bad/fast will the Warriors knock out the Rockets" to "well NOW the Warriors will walk all over the Rockets"...because one their key players got hurt and GS hasn't been able to get the job done with that superteam lineup against a healthy Rockets team. And people forget Mbah a Moute's been recovering from an injury and hasn't played much, and he was huge defensively all year for Houston.

Bottom line is D'Antoni deserves credit. After that blowout in Game 3 he changed their whole defensive structure, slowing the game down, clogging the lanes, and making life miserable for the Warriors, who aren't moving the ball like they used to and they're being forced to play the Rockets iso game. He'll have to come up with more strategy for the next game or two, but again, he and his team deserve credit.

But losing Iguodala more critical than CP3? Come on man.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
It's all up to LeBron now. He's totally gassed but the great ones always find more to give.

I think the Celtics are winning this series though. It's been a war of attrition and IMO their best players have a little more left in the tank.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
It's all up to LeBron now. He's totally gassed but the great ones always find more to give.

I think the Celtics are winning this series though. It's been a war of attrition and IMO their best players have a little more left in the tank.
It would be a real kick to the nuts if their first home loss was game 7

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It's going to be tough to beat the Celtics in Boston but there's no way I'm betting against LeBron in game seven.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Cleveland NEEDS to get 55-60 combined points from guys not named LeBron in game 7.

Remember, he had a 40+ triple double and they lost game 2.

Hell, he lost a game 7 in Boston in 2008 even when he went for 40+.

If I'm Lue, give Korver/JR Smith the green light and just let them fire away from 3 as much as possible.

And considering he played 46 minutes tonight after looking tired in game 5....

Or maybe LeBron is immortal and can seemingly play forever.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
LeBron is just incredible, GOAT.

I don't understand why Nance isn't more of a fixture on this team though. He brings a ton of energy and rebounding and defense.

Cavs have basically been riding with the veterans (Other than love and Tristan, most of CLE's key contributors are over 30.). You know, that whole playoff experience thing.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
LeBron is just incredible, GOAT.

I don't understand why Nance isn't more of a fixture on this team though.
He brings a ton of energy and rebounding and defense.
tyronn-lue-bashes-nbas-stupid-reaction-to-resting-cavs-stars__627470_.jpg

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Oh you're definitely crazy. The Rockets only go 6 or 7 deep to begin with and now just lost their second best player, who runs their offense when Harden is sitting or in his own little world like he has been recently. Iguodala is a good player and important to the Warriors success but he's their fifth best player. He'd most likely be the primary defender against Harden but Draymond, Durant, and Klay are all great defensively and Livingston isn't bad either when he's in there.

You're crazy. Torre and Kannel were talking about that exact point this afternoon on the radio, in fact they'd been saying for the last ten days that aside from Curry or Durant (more Durant) the Warriors could lose anyone else and maybe even two players and they should still be able to walk all over the Rockets.

I'm just loving the fact that the narrative now has gone from "How bad/fast will the Warriors knock out the Rockets" to "well NOW the Warriors will walk all over the Rockets"...because one their key players got hurt and GS hasn't been able to get the job done with that superteam lineup against a healthy Rockets team. And people forget Mbah a Moute's been recovering from an injury and hasn't played much, and he was huge defensively all year for Houston.

Bottom line is D'Antoni deserves credit. After that blowout in Game 3 he changed their whole defensive structure, slowing the game down, clogging the lanes, and making life miserable for the Warriors, who aren't moving the ball like they used to and they're being forced to play the Rockets iso game. He'll have to come up with more strategy for the next game or two, but again, he and his team deserve credit.

But losing Iguodala more critical than CP3? Come on man.

I'm not arguing that Iguodala is a more important player than Chris Paul in general. But I am arguing that Iguodala to the Warriors' defence is more important than Paul is to the Rockets' offence. Not by much, but watching games 4 and 5, the loss of Iguodala on the defensive end is so evident.

That said, the loss of Paul is by no means easy on the Rockets.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->