NBA 2018 NBA Playoffs Part II

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Worst news of the playoffs so far.....

The Golden State Warriors and All-Star shooting guard Klay Thompson are reportedly discussing a long-term contract extension.

According to Marcus Thompson II of The Athletic, the maximum extension Thompson can sign with the Warriors when taking his $18.9 million salary next season into account is a five-year deal worth $121 million.

If Thompson plays out his contract and signs a new deal with the Dubs after the 2018-19 season, he can make $188 million over five years.

Hitting the open market would allow Thompson to sign for a maximum of $139 million over four years.

The two-time NBA champion is reportedly considering a four-year extension worth $92 million, which would result in him leaving roughly $50 million on the table.

That would allow the Warriors to keep Stephen Curry and Kevin Durant on max deals, and to continue contending for championships for the foreseeable future.

Klay Thompson Contract Rumors: Warriors Discussing Long-Term Deal with SG

Potentially taking a massive discount to keep the team no one can/will beat together and also saving the billionaire owners a bunch in luxury tax money. The hope was Klay and/or Draymond leaving or LeBron building another super team to compete with the Warriors and I'm losing that hope now. The Celtics have really impressed and might be ready sooner than we thought so maybe they can do something.

Last edited:
Reactions: Virtanen18

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Klay doesn't give a **** about money so I get it, he loves playing with the Warriors and living in California. The guy is the most care free athlete I've ever seen.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Worst news of the playoffs so far.....

Klay Thompson Contract Rumors: Warriors Discussing Long-Term Deal with SG

Potentially taking a massive discount to keep the team no one can/will beat together and also saving the billionaire owners a bunch in luxury tax money. The hope was Klay and/or Draymond leaving or LeBron building another super team to compete with the Warriors and I'm losing that hope now. The Celtics have really impressed and might be ready sooner than we thought so maybe they can do something.

If you saw the interview with Klay after the game last night it was pretty obvious that he's happy as a clam right where he is.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Nothing beats the story of Klay going through a slump, and Bob Myers visiting him at his house to talk to him about it, and then as Myers is leaving Klay asks when the next game is and who they're playing :laugh: The guy is so nonchalant and care free it's hilarious.

That's awesome. There are so many good Klay stories out there. The one Durant told on Simmons' podcast recently is another good one:

Durant: The day before he had 60, Klay just missed practice. He didn't come. He just -- nobody like, you know when practice starts, it's like, 'Where the hell is Klay?' We called him, called him, called him. He didn't come to practice. He just didn't come. And the next night he had 60.

Simmons: You still don't know what happened?

Durant: Don't know what happened. I think he said, like, 'Man, I was an hour late, two hours late. I was like, I might as well just stay in bed.' Then he came out and had 60 and I was like, 'this guy.' If everybody in the world was like Klay, the universe would be better.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I'd stay with the Warriors if I'm Thompson. He's a solid player and they're showing no signs of slowing down. A match made in heaven if you ask me.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Good for him. Money isn't everything. Earthquakes aside the west coast of California is probably the most chill place to live in the US.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
LeBron bringing it, but Celtics once again forcing the king into some turnovers and doing a good job of shutting down the other Cavs.

I like Boston's chances in this one.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Might be one of those LeBron games. Already has 16 of the 22 Cavs points.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Only way to slow LeBron tonight is a shoulder to the jaw.

Cavs say it's a neck strain. There was no chance LeBron was getting diagnosed with a concussion whether he has one or not.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Celtics are just relentless. Rozier finally woke up in the second half too.

LeBron is gassed and/or concussed.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Nance, Clarkson and Hood have barely played in this series. The only component of that trade contributing is George Hill and that's being kind.

Once again, this is LeBron's team with the guys he wanted. They might indeed be in trouble now if Boston can actually show up on the road.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm not surprised but it's funny how JVG and Jackson keep rushing to Lue's defense. No, he can't force players to give effort on those close outs but his lineups and the Cavs' defense overall have been a joke.

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->