NBA 2018 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Time to get this started for all the non-playoffs news, rumours, speculation, etc that will come up. The NBA offseason is usually great and everyone seems to think it's going to be even more insane this year with potential trades because of the lack of cap space around the league.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Lowe and Windhorst have NBA twitter going crazy today with their KAT talk.......

Karl-Anthony Towns' relationship with the Minnesota Timberwolves has reportedly grown icy.

Appearing on Friday's episode of The Lowe Post, ESPN.com's Zach Lowe said Towns and the Timberwolves are "not in a good place internally."

ESPN.com's Brian Windhorst, who joined Lowe for a lengthy conversation, later posited it would not be unheard of if Towns' name eventually surfaced in trade discussions.

"I don't think Anthony Davis is going anywhere any time soon," Windhorst said. "But Karl Towns...now that might be a different story."

Still, it's important to note there are no indications to this point that Towns could be on the move in the near future. Rather, this is informed speculation from a pair of league insiders who are looped in on fault lines that have surfaced within the organization.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
KAT news comes out, then the news out of SA that the spurs would only take a grand offer for kawhi

and then the lakers report that none of the young core is untouchable

it's begun

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Joel Embiid’s off-season training program seems to involve touring the playgrounds of Philadelphia and dunking on little people.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Big offseason coming up for the Rockets.

They have a tough decision to make on CP3's next contract. They obviously need him back but I don't think you can give a max contract to a 33 year old injury prone guard so it'll be interesting to see how that plays out. Maybe they could get him on a Lowry type of deal?

Capela's a RFA and there was already a report a few weeks ago that said teams could make near max contract offers to him. One of the teams mentioned was the Suns but then they won the lottery so they're likely out unless they pass on Ayton. The Rockets might get lucky because of the lack of cap space around the league but either way, they'll have to pay up to keep him.

Both Ariza and Mbah a Moute are UFAs. Not a great finish for either one of them but they're pretty important wing players.

Oh and Anderson is still under contract for $20M/yr for the next two years.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

They have a tough decision to make on CP3's next contract. They obviously need him back but I don't think you can give a max contract to a 33 year old injury prone guard so it'll be interesting to see how that plays out. Maybe they could get him on a Lowry type of deal?

Capela's a RFA and there was already a report a few weeks ago that said teams could make near max contract offers to him. One of the teams mentioned was the Suns but then they won the lottery so they're likely out unless they pass on Ayton. The Rockets might get lucky because of the lack of cap space around the league but either way, they'll have to pay up to keep him.

Both Ariza and Mbah a Moute are UFAs. Not a great finish for either one of them but they're pretty important wing players.

If the Clippers do move on from DeAndre then I think they could be in the running for Capela.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

Do they though? I thought the assumption was there was already a "handshake" deal in place when he agreed to get traded in the 1st place.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Do they though? I thought the assumption was there was already a "handshake" deal in place when he agreed to get traded in the 1st place.

That was the assumption but Morey seems too smart for that. 5 years, $200M+ would be a disaster.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
He cant be counted on for a nba finsls run. Morey is very smart but him signing Anderson probably has/will cost them a championship. I would bring back Capela. Very good player

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Its possible but he could also tell them where to put their head and just get the max, or close to it, from a middling team like Sac or ATL. He could easily say hes worth more than K-Low, unless he really likes playing with Harden that much.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think that with CP3 not winning a championship yet, he might take a discount if HOU could sign Lebron or some other high profile FA.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Can absolutely see CP taking a discount to remain in Houston. Capela too.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Idk if Paul has a choice in terms of taking a discount to stay with the Rockets. Given his age and injury concerns, there's no way I see the Rockets offering him max money or even close to max money.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, Paul's a great player and all but that injury history really hurts his cause for a max contract. I can see him getting 2 or 3 yrs. at 20-25 milion per.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, can't see Paul getting a max deal. He may be head of the player's association but he's still in his 30's and has a injury history. He'll get paid a good contract but I doubt he gets a max contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->