NBA 2018 NBA Draft

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Draft lottery tonight.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Kings win it because Fox and Ayton would be fun to watch together.

I'd also like to see Doncic end up with the Suns so he can reunite with Igor Kokoskov. I think teams are more open to European players now so he'd probably be fine wherever he goes but there's already a relationship in place with Kokoskov. They'd have to find a way to fit Booker, Jackson, and Doncic together but that's not a bad problem to have.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
My predictions:

Magic win - they are due for a good break
Kings 2nd - Also due for a good break
Cavs 3rd vis Mets so Bill Simmons' head explodes and the Nets-Celtics trade somehow becomes even more of a disaster for Brooklyn

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The two things I'm hoping don't happen are the Cavs moving up and the Lakers pick ending up 2nd or 3rd because then it goes to the Celtics.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Damn. Almost played out like I had hoped. Ayton to the Kings and Doncic to the Suns is still a possibility but I doubt the Suns pass on Ayton.

Last edited:

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I’m pretty happy with the way it went. The Kings moving up is good for the Sixers since we have their first pick next year and that pick now goes to Boston. Hopefully the Kings get a franchise player and the Celtics get a lousy pick. Not that I’m bitter or anything :)

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Are the Nets ever going to pick in the first round again?

They get their first round pick next year I believe.

Good for Phoenix getting their 1st ever #1 pick, that should get them trending upwards. Sacramento should be trending upwards now too but I don't trust their ownership and management. Not sure about Atlanta, I think they will probably suck for the next 3 years.

Reactions: tarheelhockey

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I believe Boston has Sacramento's pick next year. They better make this pick count.

And consider me one of the many who believe Cleveland would miraculously obtain the #1 pick again.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Wow. This is like the first time ever that the Kings get rewarded for just being bad instead of tanking. They usually get boned in the lottery.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
So either they draft Doncic and have an insane backcourt for the next decade with him and Booker or they take the C and make their own Shaq-Penny building block.

Throw in Josh Jackson (who played like a top pick the last 1/4 of the season) and things are finally looking good in PHX.

I'm happy the Suns got it - the franchise needs this.

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
I’m pretty happy with the way it went. The Kings moving up is good for the Sixers since we have their first pick next year and that pick now goes to Boston. Hopefully the Kings get a franchise player and the Celtics get a lousy pick. Not that I’m bitter or anything :)

If the Kings win the lottery next year (1st overall), do they keep their pick or will the Sixers in that case get the pick and Boston the Sixers pick?

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
If the Kings win the lottery next year (1st overall), do they keep their pick or will the Sixers in that case get the pick and Boston the Sixers pick?

Sixers would get it if it's #1 overall and Boston would get the Sixers pick. If it's not #1 overall Boston gets the better of the Sixers pick and the Kings pick.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Doncic said he might not come over right away so I could see him slipping if that is actually true

With or without Doncic I think Phoenix will be bad again next season. I can see them drafting Doncic who stays in Europe another season and Phoenix gets another top-3 pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad