NFL Draft: 2018 Mock Discussion Page

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Ward was #2 on my draft board for Bears behind Edmunds

I could still see Bears picking him in real life if some of the guys they prefer go early. They can start him out as a Nickel CB as rookie and then transition him to outside when he is ready or is needed (Right now Fuller and Amukamara are Bears starting outside CB's)

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
I don't agree with the Giants picking barkely @2 (in real life). Why? they'll just have to draft a QB in 2020 anyway.

Last edited:

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I'd be surprised if Hernandez goes in the 1st. He's big and nasty and a mauler but can he move well enough? Definitely locked in as a day 2 guy.

Reactions: SnS

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Open to trading down from 25, but gonna make the pick in 20 minutes or so if nothing comes in.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I'd be surprised if Hernandez goes in the 1st. He's big and nasty and a mauler but can he move well enough? Definitely locked in as a day 2 guy.

that's why i wanted to trade down as i was comfortable with lot of guys. but i'm more certain i can find players from other positions later in the draft. and i'm a trenches guy.

he did test well other than in the vertical so the hope would be the movement would become smoother with experience and coaching.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
that's why i wanted to trade down as i was comfortable with lot of guys. but i'm more certain i can find players from other positions later in the draft. and i'm a trenches guy.

he did test well other than in the vertical so the hope would be the movement would become smoother with experience and coaching.

He reminds me of Gabe Jackson. Who was a 3rd rounder. I just think that some of the other more athletic lineman will go ahead of him.

spintheblackcircle

Incoming!
Mar 1, 2002
Underwhelmed with my own pick. He seems to be guy most mocks have falling to Atlanta and fits their biggest need.

But....I really think he may be a bust. But he makes the most sense.

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
Underwhelmed with my own pick. He seems to be guy most mocks have falling to Atlanta and fits their biggest need.

But....I really think he may be a bust. But he makes the most sense.

Highlights are better than his tape, not very consistent. His upside is high though, and this draft is lacking quality 3-techs.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Too many mocks have the Saints taking a QB, namely Jackson, but I don't think he'll last until 27, someone will trade up if no one is taking him and the Saints don't have the bullets, without a 2nd round pick.

For as improved as the Saints defense was last year, they had a lot of trouble keeping linebackers on the field. It was addressed in free agency, but who knows how many they can rely upon? Alex Okafor and Alex Anzelone are coming off long-term injuries and Hau'loi Kikaha had his playing time reduced coming off another. Need more depth here.

Last edited:

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
The Vikings could use an OL or DT more than CB but CB is still one of their needs and Jackson I felt was BPA. Terence Newman is old even if he does come back and Mackensie Alexander hasn't impressed.

Rhodes, Jackson and Waynes could give the Vikings the best CB depth in the league.

Might have a trade involving the Pats pick. So going to hold off making it for a little.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->