NFL Draft: 2018 Mock Discussion Page

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Jets:

Bradley Chubb: The best pass rusher in the draft... he and Leonard Williams could be a great combination.

Mason Rudolph: I think early second round is the right spot for him. I know he has some flaws to his game, but he was the best QB left at that point.

Braden Smith: I honestly know nothing about him other than he was one of the highest ranked guards available.

Hayden Hurst: Yes, he's really old for a draft eligible player, but many people have him as the highest ranked tight end. In the third round, I felt like it was worth it.

Jaleel Scott: I've liked him for awhile. The Jets badly need a receiver because of Robby Anderson's off the field stuff.

Ravens:

D.J. Moore: I probably should have taken Sutton, but I really like Moore.

Mike Gesicki: The Ravens have to hit on one of their tight end picks eventually.

Austin Corbett: Versatility, versatility, versatility.

Luke Falk: Flacco sucks.

Thoughts on my drafts, @Gene Parmesan

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
bozie has missed the last couple of picks so auto-mock time?
Yeah, if any of these guys come up again, somebody make a mythical trade and trade up before Hasbro autos their pick.

More fun for those of us still playing.

Anybody else left who has been missing picks?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Yeah, if any of these guys come up again, somebody make a mythical trade and trade up before Hasbro autos their pick.

More fun for those of us still playing.

Anybody else left who has been missing picks?

i think gene missed OAK's previous pick... he's on the clock.. KC comes up next and they have missed like their last 4 picks. TEN comes up right after and they also missed their previous pick.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Since the Saints brought back Patrick Robinson for some reason, I have to get back to work at replacing him again.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
49ers draft

Quenton Nelson
Josh Sweat
Parry Nickerson
E. St. Brown
Rasheem Green

Might be a bit early for Nickerson but Rasheem Green would be an absolute steal in the 4th.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Falcons end up filling needs:

1st round-Taven Bryan-DT-Florida. BPA at the weakest position on the team. But I don't really like him. But they have to take him if he's there. I wanted Hernandez, the G from UTEP, but he went 2 picks earlier. If he falls, I'd rather the Falcons take him.
2nd round-Dallas Goedart-TE-S. Dakota St. Falcons haven't had a legit receiving threat at TE since Tony Gonzales retired. Goedart will be boom or bust, but if his athleticism can translate from D-II to the NFL, he will fill a big need.
3rd round-Dante Pettis-WR-Washington-Taylor Gabriel left as a UFA and the Falcons need to replace him as their #3WR and punt returner. He should easily win the PR job, and he or Justin Hardy can win the 3rd WR job.
4th round-Pj Hall-DL-Sam Houston St-Moved from DE to DL as a senior after three years of more than 10 sacks on the outside. Listed at 6'2'' 308 and ran.....a 4.73 40 at his pro day. That's just ridiculous.

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
Jaguars picks:
1st round - Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU: Jaguars could use a WR and with Sutton being available while Moore and Ridley are gone he seemed like the best option.
2nd round - Orlando Brown Jr., OT, Oklahoma: Was planning to pick Darius Leonard but he was taken one spot before. Brown dropped plenty in the rankings but he seems to still have a lot of potential if he can overcome the athletic issues. Then again some say he wouldn't be rated this high if it wasn't for his last name so I don't know.
3rd round - Duke Ejiofor, DE, Wake Forest: Jax could use another pass rusher, Ejiofor is currently injured and hasn't been in the pre draft workouts, but would seem like a good rotational player next year and a value pick at the end of the third.
4th round - Trenton Thompson, DT, Georgia: Bolsters the defensive line and has high potential, I think he will be gone earlier in the draft.

In retrospect could've probably looked more for positional needs but all the value guys seemed to be gone, so those seem more like a high potential picks/BPA:s. I think Jax will try to pick a LB with second round pick. With later rounds I think would've got one and then maybe RB/TE for other positional needs, QB is a need, but I think it will be addressed later and they will just roll with Bortles now. Any comments?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Jaguars picks:
1st round - Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU: Jaguars could use a WR and with Sutton being available while Moore and Ridley are gone he seemed like the best option.
2nd round - Orlando Brown Jr., OT, Oklahoma: Was planning to pick Darius Leonard but he was taken one spot before. Brown dropped plenty in the rankings but he seems to still have a lot of potential if he can overcome the athletic issues. Then again some say he wouldn't be rated this high if it wasn't for his last name so I don't know.
3rd round - Duke Ejiofor, DE, Wake Forest: Jax could use another pass rusher, Ejiofor is currently injured and hasn't been in the pre draft workouts, but would seem like a good rotational player next year and a value pick at the end of the third.
4th round - Trenton Thompson, DT, Georgia: Bolsters the defensive line and has high potential, I think he will be gone earlier in the draft.

In retrospect could've probably looked more for positional needs but all the value guys seemed to be gone, so those seem more like a high potential picks/BPA:s. I think Jax will try to pick a LB with second round pick. With later rounds I think would've got one and then maybe RB/TE for other positional needs, QB is a need, but I think it will be addressed later and they will just roll with Bortles now. Any comments?

I'd be so happy if they got Sutton.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So where players everyone selected ultimately end up?

My Selections

LB Tremaine Edmunds in 1st round (8th overall) = Edmunds went in 1st round (16th overall) to Bills
C/G Billy Price in 2nd round (39th overall) = Price went in 1st round (21st overall) to Bengals
WR Marcell Ateman in 4th round (105th overall) = Ateman went in 7th round (228th overall) to Raiders
LB Fred Warner in 4th round (115th overall) = Warner went in 3rd round (70th overall) to 49ers

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
For ATL

I picked Bryan with #26. He went #29
I picked Goedart with #58. He went #49
I picked Pettis with #90. He went #44
I picked Hall with #126. He went #57

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
For Pitt:

I picked Reid #28. He went #68. I did pick him a little early, but the Texans got a steal in the 3rd round
I picked Leonard #60. He went #36
I picked Coutee #92. He went #103

Overall, picked one too high, one was good value and one about right.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Vikings:
1.30 CB Josh Jackson (2.45 GB)
2.62 OT Geron Christian (3.74 WAS)
3.94 DT RJ McIntosh (5.139 NYG)

Pats:
1.31 OL Kolton Miller (1.15 OAK)
2.63 DE Breekand Speaks (2.46 KC)
3.95 CB Kevin Toliver (UDFA CHI)