OT: 2018 MLB Thread

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
FTFY

rangers have so many casual celebrity fans, as well as the suits that fill their seats, and that's a FACT.

there are other bigger sports/more variety for New Yorkers to follow (Giants/Jets, Yankees/Mets, Knicks/Nets (to a lesser degree these days)), that a lot of their fans have the rangers as second fiddle.

that's not to say our New Jerseyan fans aren't grouped in that bunch, but I think our fans take hockey a lot more seriously, or at least aren't watered down by as many fairweather fans

Yeah but so what.

Harvey is a diehard Rags fan.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Gleyber is already playing so well. Each player in the Yankee lineup is exciting to watch. Sanchez, Bird when he's healthy, Gleyber, Didi, Andujar, Stanton, Gardy, Hicks and Judge. Each one is dangerous, such a cool experience.

Ususally another month before I go all in on baseball, but I am still enjoying this.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
The Mets have a history and some recent-ish and recent success to go with it, and carry the torch of National League baseball in New York City. Hell, the Mets have been to two World Series since the Knicks' last Finals appearance. :laugh:

The Knicks have been shitty for almost 20 years now and are knocking on five decades without titles. On the court, the Nets have been much been better for significant stretches in my lifetime, including a playoff series win since moving to Barclays.

It's not even close, Knicks are supremely more inept. James Dolan, assclown.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
Yes! 16 out 17 and tied for first!

there are more young prospects on the way. and they play the position the yanks need to upgrade.

really crazy.

hope the mets get it all sorted out this year, would love to see another subway series.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Mets have a history and some recent-ish and recent success to go with it, and carry the torch of National League baseball in New York City. Hell, the Mets have been to two World Series since the Knicks' last Finals appearance. :laugh:

The Knicks have been ****ty for almost 20 years now and are knocking on five decades without titles. On the court, the Nets have been much been better for significant stretches in my lifetime, including a playoff series win since moving to Barclays.

Yeah the only reason people think the Mets are worse is because they - and MLB - are just more relevant and more in the news than the Knicks generally are. But that's almost not a fair comparison and I acknolwledge the Mets are a tire fire, but they're not completely in the wilderness without a map like the Knicks. Not yet anyway. They also have a bit of a black cloud over them with constant critical and untimely injuries along with dissapointments nobody saw coming (like Conforto so far this year).

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Also as much fun as it is to knock the Mets, it is way more fun to make fun of the Knicks.

Their fans are more insufferable too. All the worst parts of us Yankee fans, but with zero creditability to back it up.

I excluded the Jets because they seem to be coming out of the wild.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Also as much fun as it is to knock the Mets, it is way more fun to make fun of the Knicks.

Their fans are more insufferable too. All the worst parts of us Yankee fans, but with zero creditability to back it up.

I excluded the Jets because they seem to be coming out of the wild.

The Jets are really good at starting out bad, generating momentum, making a couple of deep playoff runs, and then unraveling in spectacular fashion.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Jets are really good at starting out bad, generating momentum, making a couple of deep playoff runs, and then unraveling in spectacular fashion.

That's essentially what the Mets do. 1986-88...1999-2000...2006-08...2015-16. They only seem to have 2-3 year stretches of contending/success followed by being in the wilderness for several years.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The thing with the Mets is on talk radio all I heard was Joe from Queens calling into The Pope or The Schmooze saying “just wait until the pitchers are all healthy! Yanks can’t match that”

Steve Summers always bought all in on it too. He is the worst kind of Mets fan because he puffs he chest out way too much after one win and proclaims they took back New York

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
The thing with the Mets is on talk radio all I heard was Joe from Queens calling into The Pope or The Schmooze saying “just wait until the pitchers are all healthy! Yanks can’t match that”

Steve Summers always bought all in on it too. He is the worst kind of Mets fan because he puffs he chest out way too much after one win and proclaims they took back New York

What happened to the Mets the last few years and what happened to the Phillies a few years ago with "the four aces" is why I don't believe in building your team around starting pitching. Get hitters and trade for an ace or two at the deadline.

Seriously, add a #1 alongside Severino and this team can win the WS.

Reactions: New Jersey

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Organizational ineptitude of NYC area teams, from most to least:

Knicks, Nets, Islanders, Jets, Mets, Rangers, Giants, Devils, Yankees.

Yeah, I'm biased. :naughty:

The Mets are sure out to prove both of us wrong with this amateur hour crap of batting guys out of order. You'd think their manager had never managed before...OH WAIT. But at least all the other rookie managers can turn in the correct lineup card they intend to use!

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ

The Knicks have been ****ty for almost 20 years now and are knocking on five decades without titles. On the court, the Nets have been much been better for significant stretches in my lifetime, including a playoff series win since moving to Barclays.

I mean, I was watching the Michael Kay show today and he almost slipped up calling the Mets "The Knicks" in the final hour.

Even the MLB big wigs think they are Knickish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad