2018 MLB regular season News & Notes thread (Gregory Polanco has surgery)

1976len

Aug 16, 2017
I wonder if more players that will be free agents will follow the Blackmon route and sign long term rather than test free agency. The market obviously sucked this past offseason.

The market sucked last season because all the big spenders were making sure they stayed under the tax threshold so they would not get double (or in the Yankees/Dodgers case ten-fold) penalties on their overages which many are expecting they will go into next summer.

1976len

Aug 16, 2017
So I do a thing called "bulletin board notes" for a site and it's pretty much the easiest way to catch up with the big going's on in the day that was in the MLB? Would you guys mind if I posted here? It's a lot easier making one post than 15 separate posts. Here's an example...Bulletin Board Notes: MLB Day 7 Quick Recap -

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Braves manager saying he's starting to map out his lineup with Jose Bautista, Tyler Flowers (returning from DL), and Ronald Acuna added. Speculation is that they may all come up later this week or the start of a home-stand in a couple weeks.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Braves manager saying he's starting to map out his lineup with Jose Bautista, Tyler Flowers (returning from DL), and Ronald Acuna added. Speculation is that they may all come up later this week or the start of a home-stand in a couple weeks.

Hope Bautista can bounce back and put up some good numbers for the team.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Scherzer gets 15 K's in 6 1/3 innings.... fitting he (one of 4 players to ever have 20 K's in a game) does it on the 20th anniversary of Kerry Wood's 20K game.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
in case anyone missed it, this was piscotty's first AB since his mother's passing. classy move by mccullers realizing the moment and buying time for the fans to give him a standing O

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Surprised hockeykicker did not post this, it appears Adam Eaton is going to be gone for most (if not all) of the season following ankle surgery yesterday.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
That trade keeps getting worse and worse.

Does it, though? Giolito looks awful. Eaton has a year left after this one plus two very affordable team options. Lopez has been pretty good, but as long as the White Sox keep trotting Giolito out there every fifth day, I'd hardly call the trade looking worse by the day. It certainly has the potential to be a god awful trade, though.

Edit: I forgot about Dunning. He's been good in the minors so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad