2018 Memorial Cup Final (Acadie-Bathurst Titan Are the Champions!) 3-0 Over Pats

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If Regina wins tonight:

- Acadie-Bathurst advances to the final.
- Regina plays Hamilton in the semi-final.
- Swift Current heads home.

If Swift Current wins tonight:

- Hamilton advances to the final.
- Regina vs. Swift Current Part 2 tomorrow in a tiebreaker.
- The winner of the tiebreaker faces Acadie-Bathurst in the semi-finals.

Reactions: Mathletic

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Also, if Swift Current loses tonight, it will be the third time in a row the WHL Champion is eliminated from the Memorial Cup with 0 wins.

Brandon Wheat Kings finished last with 0 wins in 2016. Seattle Thunderbirds finished last with 0 wins last year. Swift Current could finish last with 0 wins in 2018, as well.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Fell asleep when it was still 1-0 in the 2nd. Good to see Fleury and Bitten both advance. Though one will have to go home after the semi-final.

And it's the third year in a row the WHL Champion leaves the Memorial Cup with 0 wins.

Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014
Sam Steel has been the best player in the tournament by far. So smart

Reactions: dralaf

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DeNZe2FU0AAdPIb.jpg

Reactions: Mathletic

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
They just better not miss out on Galipeau and offer the kid the same thing that the highest bidder offers.

Completely agree. They cannot miss out on him because they offered him less than someone else. They should offer him max to be sure they don't get outbid. After that, it's out of Habs' control contracually speaking.

Although, in the Undrafted thread, I had posted a profile of Galipeau's that lists his favorite things. His favorite team is the Habs and his favorite player is Weber. That has to lean heavily in Habs' favor.

Have Weber give the kid a call and that should help in convincing him.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Do you think Fleury could play some NHL games next year?

We can't know that if he hasn't at least played some pro games in Laval. Like I did with Juulsen, I think Fleury has NHL written all over him. With Juulsen, I felt this way when I watched him a few times in Everett. I felt he needed at least a full year in AHL to be sure he adapts to the pro game. However, he didn't need much. Part of his call up was circumstantial, but he hasn't looked out of place in the NHL.

I feel the same way about Fleury. But like I did with Juulsen, I think he will need AHL time to adapt to the pro game.

Reactions: Weber Fan

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
We can't know that if he hasn't at least played some pro games in Laval. Like I did with Juulsen, I think Fleury has NHL written all over him. With Juulsen, I felt this way when I watched him a few times in Everett. I felt he needed at least a full year in AHL to be sure he adapts to the pro game. However, he didn't need much. Part of his call up was circumstantial, but he hasn't looked out of place in the NHL.

I feel the same way about Fleury. But like I did with Juulsen, I think he will need AHL time to adapt to the pro game.
Juulsen looked very good when called up, but more he was playing, more you could see he still had things to learn in the AHL, such as protecting himself better... I think we shouldnt rush him or Fleury, they will be good but I would rather let guys like Lernout (who has been pretty decent IMO in his last callup) and Benn fighting for the last RD spot, at least for the first part of the season...

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Juulsen looked very good when called up, but more he was playing, more you could see he still had things to learn in the AHL, such as protecting himself better... I think we shouldnt rush him or Fleury, they will be good but I would rather let guys like Lernout (who has been pretty decent IMO in his last callup) and Benn fighting for the last RD spot, at least for the first part of the season...

I don't disagree at all.

And with Lernout having to go through waivers next year, he'll probably be given a longer look than anyone else.

With Juulsen, I'd be happy either way, whether he makes the team out of camp or sent to Laval. I'm just a big fan of his and whether in Montreal or Laval, I'll be watching him closely. But some AHL time, with a new coaching staff, could be more beneficial in the long run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->