2018 Memorial Cup Final (Acadie-Bathurst Titan Are the Champions!) 3-0 Over Pats

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Quite the dramatic end to the first game of the tournament. Regina scores the game winning goal with about 33 seconds left in the game. No points for either Bitten or Fleury. But Fleury did have a hand in the game winning goal, even if he wasn't rewarded with a point:

On Coach's Corner, Ron McLean showed this play by Cale Fleury and said how much he likes this player.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Acadie-Bathurst is back in action today against Regina @ 7PM ET on Sportsnet, Sportsnet 360 & TVA Sports.

Whoever wins today guarantees a spot in the semi-finals.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DdrAu1qVwAIxbAp.jpg

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Dobson had a gaffe early on but man he's been good since. A goal and two helpers.

Viel is an absolute beast, why didn't we snap up this kid before SJ?

Fleury f***ed up on the Dobson goal. Let the puck slip by him at the blueline and took a penalty trying to play catch up, only for there to be a goal to negate the penalty.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Dobson had a gaffe early on but man he's been good since. A goal and two helpers.

Viel is an absolute beast, why didn't we snap up this kid before SJ?

Fleury ****ed up on the Dobson goal. Let the puck slip by him at the blueline and took a penalty trying to play catch up, only for there to be a goal to negate the penalty.
Ya that wasn't a great sequence for Fleury, and not a good game for the Pats as a whole, but I really like him. I think he's an NHLer for sure. Big, physical, but also so calm out there.

Dobson is tough to make of. Obviously a go-to guy for a great team, he kind of plays like a rover out there. Big, fast, and he knows where to go offensively.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Ya that wasn't a great sequence for Fleury, and not a good game for the Pats as a whole, but I really like him. I think he's an NHLer for sure. Big, physical, but also so calm out there.

Dobson is tough to make of. Obviously a go-to guy for a great team, he kind of plays like a rover out there. Big, fast, and he knows where to go offensively.
I'd say Dobson knows his way around the defensive end too. He's only going to put on muscle, his transition game is top notch and he's a phemonenal skater. He always makes sure he's got a player covered when playing positional defense. Looks kinda iffy defending the rush, doesn't know when to commit

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I'd say Dobson knows his way around the defensive end too. He's only going to put on muscle, his transition game is top notch and he's a phemonenal skater. He always makes sure he's got a player covered when playing positional defense. Looks kinda iffy defending the rush, doesn't know when to commit
He's a big D with small D talent. Needs to iron things out some, but if he ever develops his power game ooh boy

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
He's a big D with small D talent. Needs to iron things out some, but if he ever develops his power game ooh boy
I don't think he's ever gonna be a guy to throw big hits, but he can definitely use his body. He's great down down low behind his own net and his reach is something Quinn Hughes will never have.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I don't think he's ever gonna be a guy to throw big hits, but he can definitely use his body. He's great down down low behind his own net and his reach is something Quinn Hughes will never have.
I wanna see him bomb some slappers. He definitely knows how to get his shot through, but I wanna see if he can really let them rip.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Moncton is owned by a billionaire and will be the only New Brunswick Q team without a Memorial Cup if they keep this up.
Yes because he trades away all his draft picks to go after American Players and does not build a winner from the ground up. Tends to avoid players with a francophone last name.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad