qI0UrcT.png
hc7WaKE.png
pUGZptG.png

Last edited:

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I will hotlink the images for tee times, leaderboard, shot tracker, featured groups, Amen corner and holes 15 + 16 when the info comes out and the Masters site is updated.

It's ridiculous that they wait until Tuesday.

Reactions: Peanut
Jan 3, 2012
oooooooooooooooooooooooh fancy

Better hope u didn't put in all this work then some random plug nobody wins it

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Masters.com Featured Groups for Thursday and Friday have been announced.

Thursday Morning:

Harry Ellis, Lin Yuxin, Matt Parzale
Wesley Bryan, Austin Cook, Harry Potter Jr.

Thursday Afternoon:

Patton Kizzire, Brendan Steele, Kyle Stanley
Ross Fisher, Yuta Ikeda, Yusaku Miyazoto

Friday Morning:

Dylan Frittelli, Satoshi Kodaira, Chez Reavie
Cameron Smith, Shubhankar Sharma, Joaquin Niemann

Friday Afternoon:

Angel Cabrera, Trevor Immelman, Sandy Lyle
Larry Mize, Ian Woosnam, Mike Weir

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
It's also ridiculous that the TV coverage doesn't start until half the field (if not more) is done for the day.
Yeah, it will be nice when Augusta moves into the 21st century. Worst part of the tournament is the historical aspects they feel beholden too.

I mean, you can modernize but still preserve tradition without going overboard.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Masters.com Featured Groups for Thursday and Friday have been announced.

Thursday Morning:

Harry Ellis, Lin Yuxin, Matt Parzale
Wesley Bryan, Austin Cook, Harry Potter Jr.

Thursday Afternoon:

Patton Kizzire, Brendan Steele, Kyle Stanley
Ross Fisher, Yuta Ikeda, Yusaku Miyazoto

Friday Morning:

Dylan Frittelli, Satoshi Kodaira, Chez Reavie
Cameron Smith, Shubhankar Sharma, Joaquin Niemann

Friday Afternoon:

Angel Cabrera, Trevor Immelman, Sandy Lyle
Larry Mize, Ian Woosnam, Mike Weir

What the hell is this?

Also the little image for Hole 13 is waaaaaay off on the shape of the creek

Everybody is a critic... :laugh: (nuke this thread from orbit!)

Reactions: MrFunnyWobbl

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Here's the Masters field. 88 players. Narrow it down to 10 who have a chance to win. Explain your reasoning.

Cabrera, Couples, Garcia, Immelman, Z. Johnson, Langer, Lyle, Mickelson, Mize, Olazabal, O'Meara, Schwartzel, Scott, Singh, Spieth, Watson, Weir, Willett, Woods, Woosnam, D. Johnson, Kaymer, Rose, McIlroy, Stenson, Day, Dufner, Thomas, Walker, Fowler, S.W. Kim, Ghim, Redman, Ellis, Yuxin, Parziale, Niemann, Casey, Chappell, Henley, Kuchar, Matsuyama, Moore, Pieters, Fleetwood, Harman, Cabrera Bello, Li, F. Molinari, Oosthuizen, Reed, Berger, Bryan, Cantlay, Cook, DeChambeau, Horschel, Kisner, Kizzire, Leishman, Perez, Potter Jr. Poulter, Rahm, Schauffele, Stanley, Steele, Vegas, Woodland, Finau, Hadwin, Hoffman, Simpson, Aphibarnrat, Fisher, Fitzpatrick, Grace, Hatton, Ikeda, Miyazato, Noren, Wiesberger, Frittelli, Kodaira, Reavie, Smith, Sharma

Here's my reasoning:

First timers don't win the Masters.

Bye (16): Ghim, Redman, Ellis, Yuxin, Parziale, Niemann, Li, Bryan, Cook, Kizzire, Schauffele, Finau, Miyazato, Frittelli, Kodaira, Sharma

71 left.

Guys over 50 don't win majors.

Bye (8): Couples, Langer, Lyle, Mize, Olazabal, O'Meara, Singh, Woosnam

63 left.

Form over the last year matters. The last 8 winners had won a golf tournament on one of the 4 or 5 major/major-ish tours around the world in the prior 12 months.

Bye (23): Cabrera, Immelman, Weir, Z. Johnson, Schwartzel, Scott, Willett, Woods, Walker, Fowler, Henley, Kuchar, Moore, Pieters, F. Molinari, Oosthuizen, Reed, Finau, Hadwin, Hoffman, Simpson, Fisher, Reavie

40 left.

Lets recap who we have left.

Garcia, Mickelson, Spieth, Watson, D. Johnson, Rose, McIlroy, Stenson, Day, Dufner, Thomas, S.W. Kim, Casey, Chappell, Matsuyama, Fleetwood, Harman, Cabrera Bello, Berger, Cantlay, DeChambeau, Horschel, Kisner, Leishman, Perez, Potter Jr, Poulter, Rahm, Stanley, Steele, Vegas, Woodland, Aphibarnrat, Fitzpatrick, Grace, Hatton, Ikeda, Noren, Wiesberger, Smith

Almost all Masters winners have previously contended in a major. 9 of the last 10 Masters winners had a top 10 finish in a major prior to their Masters win.

Bye (12): S.W. Kim, Cantlay, DeChambeau, Potter Jr, Rahm, Stanley, Steele, Vegas, Woodland, Aphibarnrat, Ikeda, Wiesberger

28 left.

Major team competition experience is key towards winning the Masters. 28 of the last 30 Masters have been won by someone who had previously played in either the Ryder Cup or Presidents Cup.

Bye (7): Fleetwood, Harman, Horschel, Perez, Hatton, Noren, Smith

21 left.

Very few "short" hitters win the Masters. The last 10 times the tournament has been contested, the winner was in the top 100 of driving distance on the major tour they play during that season.

Bye (17): Kisner, Dufner, Poulter, Fitzpatrick

17 left.

Players in their 40's rarely win majors. 2 of the last 22 majors have been won by golfers in their 40's.

Bye (4): Mickelson, Watson, Stenson, Casey

13 left.

Lets recap who is left.

Garcia, Spieth, D. Johnson, Rose, McIlroy, Day, Thomas, Chappell, Matsuyama, Cabrera Bello, Berger, Leishman, Grace

Playing well at the Masters the previous year is important. The last 20 times the tournament has been contested, it was won by someone who made the cut at the Masters the previous year.

Bye (2): D. Johnson, Cabrera Bello

11 left.

A high world ranking usually correlates with winning majors. 20 of the past 21 majors contested have been won by players in the top 39 of the world rankings.

Bye (1): Chappell

10 who can win the Masters: Garcia, Spieth, Rose, Day, Thomas, Matsuyama, Berger, Leishman, Grace

I tend to think you can narrow it down further to this.

A golfer named Justin will win the Masters

Rose or Thomas.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
My ten is basically the OWGR top ten minus Koepka plus Day

I think golf is way too deep right now to by the rankings, but I see the distinction more as top-20 right now. You have Mickelson at 19 and Kuchar at 20 and all the guys ahead feel like really solid players, in-form or both. No one there would surprise me that much.

Odds are interesting. There's basically five guys(McIlroy, Spieth, DJ, Thomas, Woods) giving the same return for a win. If I had to rate them, I would go 1. McIlroy 2. Spieth 3. DJ 4. Thomas 5. Woods.

I don't really see Tiger winning. He's coming in with form but it's quite a large step from contending in regular events to winning a major. He's got the history on his side but that's about it when comparing him to these players. The odds feel more like a reflection of fans putting crazy amounts on him to win. I would put him more in the 25/1 range than 10/1.

Jan 3, 2012
I think golf is way too deep right now to by the rankings, but I see the distinction more as top-20 right now. You have Mickelson at 19 and Kuchar at 20 and all the guys ahead feel like really solid players, in-form or both. No one there would surprise me that much.

Odds are interesting. There's basically five guys(McIlroy, Spieth, DJ, Thomas, Woods) giving the same return for a win. If I had to rate them, I would go 1. McIlroy 2. Spieth 3. DJ 4. Thomas 5. Woods.

I don't really see Tiger winning. He's coming in with form but it's quite a large step from contending in regular events to winning a major. He's got the history on his side but that's about it when comparing him to these players. The odds feel more like a reflection of fans putting crazy amounts on him to win. I would put him more in the 25/1 range than 10/1.

Nah,

Imo there is a massive gap between DJ, JT, Rahm, Spieth, Rory, Rickie, Jason and guys like Hatton, Noren, Leishman, Casey

And then there is Koepka

How the f*** that dude is still 10th I have no idea

He hasn't done a thing before his Us Open or a thing since, he's going to end up as a Lucas Glover or YE Yang major winner. Get like 6 career wins and a major.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Thomas bettered Fowler's 10 year career in one season.

Sorry, I find this guy to be so overrated. I think if he didn't wear such flashy colors, he'd be talked about a lot less.

Reactions: White Shadow

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Heading out to Atlanta on Thursday evening! I'll be there for Saturday, the day where it's supposed to get cool and rain. Please please please let the forecast change. Enjoy the tourney fellas!

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Thomas bettered Fowler's 10 year career in one season.

Sorry, I find this guy to be so overrated. I think if he didn't wear such flashy colors, he'd be talked about a lot less.
Yeah, I don't know why Rickie is still so highly thought of. He had one real good year where he finished top 5 in all 4 majors but other than that he's only really been decent. Still a good player, but not in the same ballpark as DJ, Spieth, Rory, JT, Day (when he's at his best he's realllll good), Rahm (though he still has something to prove in majors, he has been incredibly impressive on tour).

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad