GDT: 2018 Maple Leafs Trade Deadline Thread Pt.II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Why are people saying that's it?

Would people be ok with giving up a 1st, 2nd, Liljegren/Dermott (one of which NYR would have to have), Johnsson, and maybe another piece also ?

stop overvaluing what tampa gave up. none of those prospects tampa gave up come close to liljegren or dermott maybe johnsson even then johnsson is lighting up the AHL not a prospect who cant even reach ppg in the whl , demott is atop 4 NHL d not a top pair WHL dman.

member 262271

Nemestikov is a 25 year old center who is having a breakthrough year and is gonna put up 60-70 points this year.

Who would you compare him to on the Leafs?
To your point, nobody. Also though, he's not going to continue that point pace without Stamkos and Kucherov at his side. He's a good player but he was a benefactor of playing with those two, no question.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Outside of Ryan McDonagh, and Mike Green who didn't want to come here, there weren't really any other D available, other than Ian Cole.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Meh. I think we could have beat the Tampa offer.

Brown, borgman, etc. 1,2.

People who are pissed that we didn’t trade jvr are nuts. Nash et al got a single late first a b prospect who we have a million of. Kane didn’t even get a 1st.

Tatar had term. It’s not at all the same

member 147413

Look who he plays behind. Dude had 28 points last year. He’s feasting on easy matchups because of Kucherov, Stamkos, Point, Johnson and Palat. Miller is better than Namestnikov. Namestnikov will disappear next year. TB has made Yanni Gourde a f***ing 20 goal scorer.

Reactions: Fluke Schenn

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Miller is likely worth the conditional 2nd + prospect by himself.

So Namestnikov, prospect + 1st for McDonagh.

Is that a fair breakdown?

Equivalent from us would like be Brown + Johnsson + 1st (Namestnikov better than Brown, but Johnsson better than Howden IMO)

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Should have sold JVR and Komarov if you plan to roll with that D. Tatar got ridiculous price and Komarov is easily replaceable at this point

Reactions: rumman

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
again i think the closest comparable is brown
so its brown and two 1st
then a mid prospect like bracco?

it would have been fun to see but i'm glad the leafs didn't do that

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
I think a comparable to that TB package for Ryan McDonagh would be:

Connor Brown
Andreas Johnsson
Andrew Nielsen
1st Round Pick
2nd Round Pick (conditional 1st)

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Tatar got a ridiculous price because Vegas had the picks they could surrender and not hurt them. Tatar was not getting that price anywhere else.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Miller is likely worth the conditional 2nd + prospect by himself.

So Namestnikov, prospect + 1st for McDonagh.

Is that a fair breakdown?

Equivalent from us would like be Brown + Johnsson + 1st (Namestnikov better than Brown, but Johnsson better than Howden IMO)

yes this is a very fair comparison, people overblowing tampas package pretending it includes a nylander or marner and a prospect at dermott or liljegrens level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->