GDT: 2018 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships

Which Avs Prospect Do Think Will Make Their Countries?

• Total voters

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Sportsnet 360 has junior program on talking world juniors and prospects. Sam Cosentino mentioned Ferraro ,to Canadian coach Ducharme , said he played well.
Ferraro is getting another look tonight , Makar is sitting

Last edited:

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
With the emergence of Timmins and Ferraro playing well, Foote's and maybe even Makar' spot is in real jeopardy if HC is set on keeping Bean. I don't see any way Timmins isn't on the starting roster, he impresses me more and more I watch him""
That's my twitter. I will be going to the Denmark game tomorrow too if people are interested in following along.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Ferraro is my darkhorse for that roster. He's a real gem of a prospect. If it comes down to a left vs right shot sort of deal, I could see Ferraro getting a spot over Makar. If Canada wants the best players regardless of shot, Makar will make the roster easily. Decent chance both make the team.

If I was Canada I'd roll:

Mete-Foote
Bean-Makar
Ferraro-Timmins
Fabbro

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I wonder would they look into a Ferraro - Makar pairing even?

They two are obviously quite familiar with each other, probably have some chemistry with each other that the rest of the team doesn't yet have.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Bobby Mac was on TSN earlier still going with Makar and Timmins in his 6 likely d-men. Looking good for our boys

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Ferraro is my darkhorse for that roster. He's a real gem of a prospect. If it comes down to a left vs right shot sort of deal, I could see Ferraro getting a spot over Makar. If Canada wants the best players regardless of shot, Makar will make the roster easily. Decent chance both make the team.

Mete-Foote
Bean-Makar
Ferraro-Timmins
Fabbro

Clague for Bean
]

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I haven't been following Makar at all, but has he really had a 'great' start to his college career?

I dunno really either. Dont watch the NCAA at all. But some of the stats he has been posting for a rookie would suggest he's doing pretty well with it. And I'm not even talking about his point totals either which could actually stand to be better for my liking. His shoot generation is very promising for a rookie, as is the amount of ice time he is already playing on that team, and the fact the team is infinitely better this year then they were last year has a lot to do with him from what the Coaching staff, Pronman, and a few others have made mention of. He's playing a big role on that team already and seems to be doing well in it.

But to add to that on Makar, he's been good every time with Team Canada as well so far which is even more significant. The true test for him will be how he handles the World Juniors and playing with and against other blue chip prospects around the league.

Congo Jack

is a big fat mess.
Jun 28, 2011
Candy Apple Island
So far, Cholowski, Harvey, Lind, Stanley, Ang and Glass have been cut.

Seems like both Timmins and Makar have survived the first round of cuts.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I haven't been following Makar at all, but has he really had a 'great' start to his college career?

Great might be a bit of a stretch, but he has been very good. Ferraro and Makar both have been rocks for UMass. Makar's biggest issue thus far is he is pressing and trying to hard instead of letting the game come to him. He produces a lot of shots, but frankly, many of them are bad shots. There are times where he needs to back off and make the smarter play. It will come in time, but you can tell he is used to being the core piece of a team and not a part of a team.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
So if Timmins gets picked and Makar doesn't, how do we feel about that lol? Are we excited that we struck gold in round 2? Or are we disappointed in Makar?

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
So if Timmins gets picked and Makar doesn't, how do we feel about that lol? Are we excited that we struck gold in round 2? Or are we disappointed in Makar?

Whoever it was that said that Timmins is better than Makar right after the draft will feel really good about their hot take.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

I think that just means Tyson Barrie has even more to worry about lol. Considering Makar isn't going to miss it due to playing poorly. The only problem I would have is all of the stupid comments about it.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine

Mete-Foote
Bean-Makar
Ferraro-Timmins
Fabbro

Is Foote really out-playing both our dmen? I really wanted him in this draft. Annoys me that TB got him to go along with Hedman AND Sergachev.

I hope we get the younger Foote.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad