Everett, MA
twitter.com
"They will never sign a Japanese pitcher after Dice-K"

"But they already did that. He helped them win a World Series."

"NOT ON THE TEAM NOW SO I WIN I AM A NORMAL HUMAN."

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
Getting a little snarky in here. Might wander back to the basketball thread because I know for a fact the Celtics haven't signed any Japanese players since the Dice K fiasco.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Again, I wouldn't be opposed to this happening, but I'm not sure I see it being a likely scenario:

Source: Red Sox talks signal interest in signing both J.D. Martinez, Eric Hosmer

ORLANDO — A source at the winter meetings said that the Red Sox are engaged in talks with not only free agent outfielder J.D. Martinez but also free agent first baseman Eric Hosmer.
The intent is not to try to ensure signing one of the two elite hitters, said the source.

The goal is to try to sign both of them.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
this is going to be one fun baseball season

Do it Dave

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Again, I wouldn't be opposed to this happening, but I'm not sure I see it being a likely scenario:

Source: Red Sox talks signal interest in signing both J.D. Martinez, Eric Hosmer
ORLANDO — A source at the winter meetings said that the Red Sox are engaged in talks with not only free agent outfielder J.D. Martinez but also free agent first baseman Eric Hosmer.
The intent is not to try to ensure signing one of the two elite hitters, said the source.

elite hitters?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I want both.

elite hitters?
they pass my criteria

All that matters

Last edited:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
LOL.

Just like when you stated the Sox would never sign another Japanese import after the Dice-K years? I'm gonna go ahead and file this with every other prediction and claim you've made here the last few months and go with the opposite of what you say. At this point, I'd be batting 1.000.

Is this like Stanton not being traded to the Yankees?

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Felger and Mazz are saying they would rather stand pat and go all out for Harper next year.

Felger also says that there's something about Martinez AHEM "training" that bothers him.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Felger and Mazz are saying they would rather stand pat and go all out for Harper next year.

Felger also says that there's something about Martinez AHEM "training" that bothers him.
Felger should buy a pro team so we can laugh at his ineptness, hey Felger, there's the Browns can you straighten them out?:D

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

elite hitters?

JD Martinez is absolutely an elite hitter. He get's overlooked because he's been on sucky Detroit teams for a few seasons. He fits the mold the Red Sox want in a power guy. One that hits for power, doesn't strike out a ton (2015 being the outlier), hits for average, and has a good OBP.

Hosmer isn't elite, but he's very very good, and would definitely see a boost to his numbers playing in Fenway. He's also a great 1B.

I'd be perfect okay with Boston signing both.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
He's a relevant voice in the local sports media. He can be over the top and trollish, but it's not like he's someone whose name we should not even click on like Haggs or Tomase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad