Red Sox/MLB ROAD TRIP - Red Sox and Yankees heading to London in June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
If the Red Sox sign JDM and keep JBJ that puts Hanley at first.

If he can't play enough and reach his 495 plate appearances or whatever their done after this season

I still expect Hosmer - not at Boras 10 years but 5 or 6 at $20+

He's a fit and I don't see what team is as obvious as Boston. I realize his BBIP was very high and a few other red flags but there are many positives and he fits like a glove here. The park is perfect for him.

Martinez would be the first shoe if I'm Boston because they now have leverage if they are interested in Hosmer

I'm sure Boras knows this

I think Boras is going to play the Sox like a fiddle bc he knows they are negotiating from a position of desperation to counter the yankees Stanton move. I wouldn't bite. He's pitching suspect talent at a premium price.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I still have a sinking feeling that we're going to see a JDM and Carlos Santana combo to long term, overpriced deals, which will make me apoplectic.

They went the mid range UFA route a few years ago with Panda and HanRam. How did that work out for them? Wasted money on both fronts, IMO.

If you're going to sign a UFA, go all in and get the best UFA even though they cost more in dollars and year. Wait out this sea of mediocrity and get one of Machado or Harper next year. Don't f*** up the payroll by over extending for marginal upgrades like JDM, Hosmer, Moustakas, Santana. They won't move the needle enough to get you where you want.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The Sox seem to really be top team for Martinez & Hosmer- will they bid against self?

Should hold at 5 years max for each.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I keep meaning to watch this, but haven’t seen it yet.

That being said, the only guy I think has more money than Henry is Scrooge McDuck.

Sign JDM and Hosmer. I want an all out Sox vs Yanks brawl this year.

It's funny last season the Red Sox seemed to struggle with being likable, which probably surprised management given they had so many seemingly likable kids coming into the lineup, like Benintendi, Devers, etc. Folks argued about whether that was due to guys like Price (very possible) and others being simply hard to root for. But I think the idea of going to the market and adding two big bats to the lineup in direct response to the Yankees adding Stanton (and who knows else) is exactly the kind of arms race that will galvanize Sox fans around this team. I know I miss when these teams hated each other, and I'd love to see them go at it this offseason.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If the Red Sox offered JDM & Hosmer 5/110 each who is their competition

I don't see it for Hosmer - all the good teams have first baseman and that's to costly to many others

Not seeing the market

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
If the Red Sox offered JDM & Hosmer 5/110 each who is their competition

I don't see it for Hosmer - all the good teams have first baseman and that's to costly to many others

Not seeing the market
Hosmer isn't coming here, most likely a NL destination

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
unless you know exactly where Hosmer has been linked to, it's not Boston.... unlike JD Martinez

LOL. He is LITERALLY only linked to two teams right now in every rumor mill, website, paper, etc. that I've seen......and Boston is one of them (San Diego is the other).

Reactions: DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
LOL. He is LITERALLY only linked to two teams right now in every rumor mill, website, paper, etc. that I've seen......and Boston is one of them (San Diego is the other).
All the big boys seem set but one

I was reading the facial expression of Hosmer GF this morning on NESN talking about the Winter Meetings as she brought up Caron & Lyons segment from Winter Meetings and it screened

'My BF is signing here all you people watching and I can't tell you because Scott is being Scott'

Lock

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
then it's San Diego, not here

LOL.

Just like when you stated the Sox would never sign another Japanese import after the Dice-K years? I'm gonna go ahead and file this with every other prediction and claim you've made here the last few months and go with the opposite of what you say. At this point, I'd be batting 1.000.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
LOL.

Just like when you stated the Sox would never sign another Japanese import after the Dice-K years? I'm gonna go ahead and file this with every other prediction and claim you've made here the last few months and go with the opposite of what you say. At this point, I'd be batting 1.000.
and they haven't have they

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->