Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F Veleno Joseph

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Every year there's a mock draft done by the team boards of HF -- here are the results of 2015, 2016, and 2017. Rules are easy: just pick the player you want your team to draft based on who is still available; "trade the pick" is not an option ;)

2018 Mock Draft
1 BUF --- D Rasmus Dahlin 117/126 (93%)
2 CAR --- F Andrei Svechnikov
3 MTL ---
4 OTT ---
5 ARI ---
6 DET ---
7 VAN ---
8 CHI ---
9 NYR ---
10 EDM ---
11 NYI ---
12 NYI* ---
13 DAL ---
14 PHI* ---
15 FLA ---
16 COL ---
17 NJD ---
18 CBJ ---
19 PHI ---
20 LAK ---

Last edited:

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
For Hab fans hoping Carolina will take Zadina because of his chemistry with the other Czech, of the 56 Carolina fans that voted for who they would take, only 1 wants Zadina, 53 want Svechnikov.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
At #4 I'd take Boqvist no hesitation.

at #3 it has to be Zadina

Reactions: jayhabs

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Carolina is most likely taking Svechnikov, but fans have no say in the matter.

It's not about say, it's about people who have the Canes' best interest in mind giving their opinion about what Carolina should do as opposed to us giving our opinion about what we think Carolina might do, which is really what we want to play out for our best interest.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
It's not about say, it's about people who have the Canes' best interest in mind giving their opinion about what Carolina should do as opposed to us giving our opinion about what we think Carolina might do, which is really what we want to play out for our best interest.

You're a hockey fan. You know that has no bearing on what GMs actually do.

If you're going to talk about the likelihood of Carolina taking Svech, talk about the fact he's the consensus 2nd OA choice among scouts polled and that Carolina has a real need for a natural goal scorer and high end playmaker, which Svechnikov is. Not what fans want to happen.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Yes, it provides a more focused view on Zadina. It's between him, Wahlstrom or Boqvist for me.

Not the first time a top 3 player miss that tournament , I feel Boqvist will be a good def ,but wont be a franchise one. For some reasons franchise defs are bigger than 5'11... Wahlstrom and Zadina who knows they are both good

Everything except Veleno , Bust Brady and kotka for a top 3 pick.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Not the first time a top 3 player miss that tournament , I feel Boqvist will be a good def ,but wont be a franchise one. For some reasons franchise defs are bigger than 5'11... Wahlstrom and Zadina who knows they are both good

Everything except Veleno , Bust Brady and kotka for a top 3 pick.
I actually think Boqvist is the best player at 3, but I'm hesitant because of his 2nd concussion. He is one of the youngest player of the draft and has elite talent.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He will be good for sure , Swedish defs are always good , but just the double concussion scares me more than anything.
Yup. Too risky at 3. We could end up regretting it by being stuck with a 30+ goalscorer in Zadina/Wahlstrom rather than an elite #1 dman in Boqvist. However, we could end up making the right call instead of being someone who can have concussions frequently.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Yup. Too risky at 3. We could end up regretting it by being stuck with a 30+ goalscorer in Zadina/Wahlstrom rather than an elite #1 dman in Boqvist. However, we could end up making the right call instead of being someone who can have concussions frequently.

Yes also , we need to give Zadina his chance , (same for Wahlstrom) I feel like habs fan are just '' all over him'' because we lost the top 3 lottery , bunch of scouts says hes top3 and will be an amazing player. Let's just have faith on him and let's not judge him until he played atleast 1 season in the nhl... Atleast let's wait until hes drafted...

This kid will die from pressure , hes not the saviour but he could greatly help for the future.
Now we jsut need to tank more and trade Pacioretty to get the best value , even if we had Byron or Lekhonen , we need yung blood

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
You're a hockey fan. You know that has no bearing on what GMs actually do.

If you're going to talk about the likelihood of Carolina taking Svech, talk about the fact he's the consensus 2nd OA choice among scouts polled and that Carolina has a real need for a natural goal scorer and high end playmaker, which Svechnikov is. Not what fans want to happen.

Let me put it to you this way, when outside fans make proposals to us about trades with their team 9 times out of 10 they're biased in their favor and not trades we would want for our team.

That Svechnikov is the consesus #2 OA pick is well known and well discussed.

But some of our fans are saying Carolina might take Zadina because he had good chemistry with their player Necas. It's like hearing our fans who say maybe Buffalo will take Pacioretty for O'Reilly. When you go over to the Sabres boards you hear that they have no interest in that. I'm not in touch with the GM. I'll take people's perspective who follow the organization over those who don't and have alterior motives.

That reuniting Necas and Zedina isn't important to 95% of Necas fans is interesting to hear. If there was internal debate on the Canes board that would also be interesting to hear.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Let me put it to you this way, when outside fans make proposals to us about trades with their team 9 times out of 10 they're biased in their favor and not trades we would want for our team.

That Svechnikov is the consesus #2 OA pick is well known and well discussed.

But some of our fans are saying Carolina might take Zadina because he had good chemistry with their player Necas. It's like hearing our fans who say maybe Buffalo will take Pacioretty for O'Reilly. When you go over to the Sabres boards you hear that they have no interest in that. I'm not in touch with the GM. I'll take people's perspective who follow the organization over those who don't and have alterior motives.

That reuniting Necas and Zedina isn't important to 95% of Necas fans is interesting to hear. If there was internal debate on the Canes board that would also be interesting to hear.

And I'm saying your better off just applying logic to the situation than appealing to the authority of fans who have no say in the matter.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
And I'm saying your better off just applying logic to the situation than appealing to the authority of fans who have no say in the matter.

I just think you don't get it. It's not about logic or authority. What the majority of scouts think isn't necessarily what the Carolina scouts think. What people following the Canadiens think isn't necessarily what people following the Canes think.

If I think of a trade that I might want to do with the Canes, I could go over to the Canes board to see what they think. It doesn't mean I believe they control what their GM does. I just do it to try to hear the perspective of people who follow the team closely. What do people who follow the team closely think the team needs and wants? There's nothing illogical about doing that and there's no taking their opinion as authority.

That only 1 out of 56 people that follow Carolina want Zedina over Svechnikov gives a different perspective to people in Montreal who think Carolina may want to reunite Zabina and Necus over taking Svechnikov, just as if 35 out of 56 people who follow Carolina wanted to do it.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
I just think you don't get it. It's not about logic or authority. What the majority of scouts think isn't necessarily what the Carolina scouts think. What people following the Canadiens think isn't necessarily what people following the Canes think.

If I think of a trade that I might want to do with the Canes, I could go over to the Canes board to see what they think. It doesn't mean I believe they control what their GM does. I just do it to try to hear the perspective of people who follow the team closely. What do people who follow the team closely think the team needs and wants? There's nothing illogical about doing that and there's no taking their opinion as authority.

That only 1 out of 56 people that follow Carolina want Zedina over Svechnikov gives a different perspective to people in Montreal who think Carolina may want to reunite Zabina and Necus over taking Svechnikov, just as if 35 out of 56 people who follow Carolina wanted to do it.

Why would Carolina fans have any more idea what Carolina scouts think than other scouts? Especially since at present Carolina has no GM or coach.

What's your degree of confidence in what the Hab's scouts think?

As for fans, the vast majority of fans form opinions on draft prospects based on what the media says.

Appealing to the authority of Canes fans is fine, it just not reliable.

Two years ago, 95% of Columbus Fans thought Columbus was taking Poolparty 3rd overall. Last year 81.65% of Devils fans thought they were going to take Patrick 1st overall. Fans offer opinions and have an idea of what their team's needs are. They don't have access or scouting expertise.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
For Hab fans hoping Carolina will take Zadina because of his chemistry with the other Czech, of the 56 Carolina fans that voted for who they would take, only 1 wants Zadina, 53 want Svechnikov.
Hopefully Dundon wants Tkachuk since he said the team is soft. :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->