OT: 2018 Football Thread: Camp is (almost) here!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
You act like Barkley can't be Trent Richardson.

Literally the same thing can be said about him. He could also blow his knee out his first snap.

Rosen can get concussed again and say
screw you guys im going home
Allen could be Brice Petty 2.0
Mayfield could be just a dick.

I think Darnold will be a good QB

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Rosen can get concussed again and say
screw you guys im going home
Allen could be Brice Petty 2.0
Mayfield could be just a dick.

I think Darnold will be a good QB

Right. Which is literally my point. The idea that they have to be EXTRA sure with a QB pick vs a RB is kind of a strange idea.

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
As a Browns fan, after having lived through the Manziel debacle, I am super wary of QBs with "rebel" personalities. I realize each individual is different, and Manziel suffered from multiple health problems (bi-polar, addiction), but after 25 years of either no football or terrible football, I'm desperately hoping they're looking for a safe, steady type to be their QB of the future (not to mention one taller than 6'0" who doesn't have the world's greatest arm). Hopefully the Giants and Jets are too. Let Mayfield fall to Denver/Buffalo, and if he succeeds, great – good for them.
I will say though. Manziel did not have the leadership qualities that Mayfield has.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
Rosen is better than Darnold. Light years I would say as far as a passer. He can make every single throw with his eyes closed. Darnold cannot. Rosen is the best pure passer in a draft since Luck. Easily. He is also by far the qb with the highest football IQ in the draft. And quite frankly highest IQ period. The Giants would be stupid to pass on him. Either get Rosen if he's there or get a kings ransom for that pick from the Broncos or the Bills or whoever is willing to overpay for a qb. Drafting Saquon makes no sense with an improved but still questionable offensive line. They need to add more linemen. And even then its probably the most talented rb draft in years. I absolutely adore Sonny Michell and think he will be a star. Saquon too. But I love Sonny.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I like Rosen a lot, but I'm a little worried about the concussion history.

He also seems like a smart guy who would walk away after a few more.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I get clearing the cap space and them thinking JPP maybe doesnt fit Betcher’s defense.

I know they are still looking at some low key name free agents that may fit their defense better

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I also still prefer Barkley over a QB and Chubb. Barkley is going to be a generational talent at the position. Get your OL and DL with the other picks

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I also still prefer Barkley over a QB and Chubb. Barkley is going to be a generational talent at the position. Get your OL and DL with the other picks

And we'll go nowhere as a mediocre team that hovers around .500 every year without a QB. Sounds like fun.

And then we can let him walk after 5 years since we aren't giving a 6th year RB a 5 year deal.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
What does Webb have to do with this? I'm assuming we draft a QB.

With that said, I have a hard time believing that Webb could not give us a similar level of play as current-level Eli Manning at a fraction of the cost.
Well, it seems that we won't draft a QB in this draft for what the entire world is saying., which is a bad decision imo - and the rumors are that the next QB crop sucks- so in this scenario Webb is probably our replacement.

The kid couldn't beat Geno Smith for the backup job, I doubt he would give us the level of play that Eli does.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Well, it seems that we won't draft a QB in this draft for what the entire world is saying., which is a bad decision imo - and the rumors are that the next QB crop sucks- so in this scenario Webb is probably our replacement.

The kid couldn't beat Geno Smith for the backup job, I doubt he would give us the level of play that Eli does.

Why are you trusting "the world"? Gettleman literally came in and wanted to kill the leaks. Why would we trust the beat writers on this when our staff is visiting the major QB pro days? Sounds more like the Giants are finally not being predictable.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Also, considering that Geno gave us the same level of play that Eli did, if Webb is merely about the same as Geno, he does the same. Eli Manning was an abortion last year. I'm not worried about replacing Manning's play with Manning-level play. We could get that from any random scrapheap QB at near minimum, frankly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->