OT: 2018 Football Thread: Camp is (almost) here!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Dropping to 12 would suck but with that type of return you have to say yes. You get a chance to address multiple needs.

The problem is that multiple needs just = 8-8 for the foreseeable future. And then we need to trade a boatload of picks to move up and get a QB.

You have to take the QB eventually. Makes no sense to not do it now with a young core in place.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

darko

Feb 16, 2009
The problem is that multiple needs just = 8-8 for the foreseeable future. And then we need to trade a boatload of picks to move up and get a QB.

You have to take the QB eventually. Makes no sense to not do it now with a young core in place.

Grab one in 2nd round. Or with next year's 1st, yours or Bills one. There's a very good chance Bills will be bad again.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Grab one in 2nd round. Or with next year's 1st, yours or Bills one. There's a very good chance Bills will be bad again.

That's silly since you're just going out on a limb that a late QB will develop. What good does a second round QB do next year when Eli is 38 and cut?

I don't see how saying a prayer and hoping that Webb or some other midround QB develops is a good strategy.

Plus, next year's crop is nowhere near this year's.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
That's silly since you're just going out on a limb that a late QB will develop. What good does a second round QB do next year when Eli is 38 and cut?

I don't see how saying a prayer and hoping that Webb or some other midround QB develops is a good strategy.

Plus, next year's crop is nowhere near this year's.

Fair points.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Fair points.

It's just that I don't want to get stuck in QB hell when we don't have a high pick, have to mortgage the farm, and likely aren't in a crop of QBs that is as good as this one.

Just seems like poor planning when we can get Eli's successor ready to go for when he's cut next year. I'd love to have Darnold learn behind Eli for this year.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It's a smart move. His cap hit was going to be 16.5 - #1 amongst WRs. That money will be spent on Martin and rightfully so.
Hilarious from the perspective of what Dez has been. So cocky, so full of himself, and now he finds himself cut.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
It's just that I don't want to get stuck in QB hell when we don't have a high pick, have to mortgage the farm, and likely aren't in a crop of QBs that is as good as this one.

Just seems like poor planning when we can get Eli's successor ready to go for when he's cut next year. I'd love to have Darnold learn behind Eli for this year.
I mean, the Giants really are in the perfect situation to draft and develop one of these QBs this year. The kid can learn from a dude who's a consummate professional, and he doesn't have to be thrown to the wolves this year. Even when he's ready to step in, he's walking onto the field with some of the best offensive weapons in the NFL. Dropping back to 12 just doesn't make sense to me at all...unless they have their sights on Lamar Jackson?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Brandon Marshall cut after a failed physical. Would they now be more inclined to take a serious look at Dez?

Jetsies open up in Detroit on MNF.

Reactions: RGY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->