Speculation: 2018 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
If there were ever a time to apply the "best player available" moniker, this would be it.

I think we are very good at scouting late rounds and identifying college free agents.

I trust the hockey ops to pick up a couple nice prospects despite no early picks. Its probably what they are best at.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Big Center Serron Noel....... wow big boy for 17yrs old 6'5 210 lbs

Is he a center? I've seen him listed as a RW, and thought he played RW for Oshawa.

I don`t disagree other than Groulx who might still be there but again, ya never know, DS might make a deal to get that pick back for the opening round. Either way, my post was more about me trying to bulk up my number of posts on HF than offering anything helpful:laugh:

Kidding, wonder out loud if the B`s might be on the prowl for a winger with some size, speed and a bit of nasty to his game? Easier said than done

Serron Noel, RW out of Oshawa. I would assume the Bruins have seen him a bit with Studnicka being there. He definitely has size at 6'5'' 209lbs. I would think you'd have to definitely move up to take him.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Anyone have any info on any of the following guys? Most mocks have them in the 3rd round

Filip Johansson - RHD (Sweden)
Ryan Chyzowski - LW (Medicine Hat)
Alexander Khovanov - C (Moncton)

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
what's your thoughts on tucker? think he's definitely getting drafted?
could see him as a guy that replaces lindgren in the organization. can
never have too many physical/competitive guys IMO.

Personally, I like Tucker. I would take him as high as early 6th round, maybe a very late 5th round pick. Personally, I wouldn't go much higher unless you are talking an elite shut down defender.

The big question with Tucker is how much offense can he provide? Is he the regular season guy or the guy in the playoffs, who when Svechnikov was out with a suspension, scored two big game winners against Mississauga?

If I were running a draft, to answer your question, yes I would draft him.

Now here is one for you Nugs: What do you do if Ryan Merkley is still on the board? I think on draft day he will continue to drop and we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg. Tremendously offensively gifted blueliner, but a train wreck in his own zone, takes foolish penalties, gives up on defense and looses his cool to often. What would you do?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Personally, I like Tucker. I would take him as high as early 6th round, maybe a very late 5th round pick. Personally, I wouldn't go much higher unless you are talking an elite shut down defender.

The big question with Tucker is how much offense can he provide? Is he the regular season guy or the guy in the playoffs, who when Svechnikov was out with a suspension, scored two big game winners against Mississauga?

Now here is one for you Nugs: What do you do if Ryan Merkley is still on the board? I think on draft day he will continue to drop and we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg. Tremendously offensively gifted blueliner, but a train wreck in his own zone, takes foolish penalties, gives up on defense and looses his cool to often. What would you do?

He addresses a need at RHD and if he fell to #57, could you say he technically is the BPA? The bolded doesn't sound very intriguing though. Those are huge detriments.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Without sliding up, it will be difficult to know who will be available at #57.

Available 2nd rounders I think they have interest in:
Wise
O'Brien
Demin
Douglas, Curtis

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
2 players I have loved watching in Hamilton are D Ben Gleason (20years old, 6'1", 180lb; 18 points in 21 playoff games on their way to the Memorial Cup) and C Brandon Saigeon (19, 6'2", 196lb; 25 points in 21 playoff games). They're both L shots, but man they were fun to watch. Gleason has the capacity to be a puck mover and he is pretty soldierly on the powerplay.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

i haven't seen much of him, but reading up on him i certainly love the compete level and rugged style.
i'm also pretty happy with the LHD depth in the system, so he wouldn't be a priority for me.

again, you've seen way more of merkley than i have, but all of those concerns you've listed seem to be
pretty popular among the folks i've talked to. i'm not in the camp of "draft the skill guy no matter what",
and would much prefer a guy like durzi or bernard-docker or lundkvist or any of the other RHD that
could be in our crosshairs at 57.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Is he a center? I've seen him listed as a RW, and thought he played RW for Oshawa.

Serron Noel, RW out of Oshawa. I would assume the Bruins have seen him a bit with Studnicka being there. He definitely has size at 6'5'' 209lbs. I would think you'd have to definitely move up to take him.
thx friend, never heard of him but the overwhelming majority of draft eligible players I haven`t heard of

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad