2018 Draft

Puckluck11

Feb 13, 2008
Luleå
Early but would be interesting to read your initial thoughts of the players eligible for 2018 and provide list, here's mine excluding goalies;

1. Dahlin
2. Olofsson
3. Boqvist
4. Lundeström
5. A.Eriksson
6. HÃ¥llander
7. Ginning
8. Fagemo
9. Westfält
10 F.Johansson

I could see Olofsson, Westfält and Eriksson move upwards in the draft as season goes along, like the potential. Meanwhile, Bäck and to a lesser extent Fagemo is question marks at this point, potential fallers imo.

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden
Early but would be interesting to read your initial thoughts of the players eligible for 2018 and provide list, here's mine excluding goalies;

1. Dahlin
2. Olofsson
3. Boqvist
4. Lundeström
5. A.Eriksson
6. HÃ¥llander
7. Ginning
8. Fagemo
9. Westfält
10 F.Johansson

I could see Olofsson, Westfält and Eriksson move upwards in the draft as season goes along, like the potential. Meanwhile, Bäck and to a lesser extent Fagemo is question marks at this point, potential fallers imo.

I would rank them like this.

1. Rasmus Dahlin
2. Adam Boqvist
3. Isac Lundeström
4. Jacob Olofsson
5. Filip HÃ¥llander
6. David Gustafsson
7. Adam Ginning
8. Lukas Wernblom
9. Filip Johansson
10. Samuel Fagemo

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I would rank them like this.

1. Rasmus Dahlin
2. Adam Boqvist
3. Isac Lundeström
4. Jacob Olofsson
5. Filip HÃ¥llander
6. David Gustafsson
7. Adam Ginning
8. Lukas Wernblom
9. Filip Johansson
10. Samuel Fagemo

It appears that my earlier question has been answered. Less than 24 hours after being selected by the London Knights (OHL) in the CHL Import Draft, Adam Boqvist's agent has confirmed that Boqvist will not be reporting to London for the upcoming season. Fingers crossed that this decision is not carved in stone.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

1. Dahlin
2. Olofsson
3. Boqvist
4. Lundeström
5. A.Eriksson
6. HÃÂ¥llander
7. Ginning
8. Fagemo
9. Westfält
10 F.Johansson

This is similar to how I would rank them. I would however switch Olofsson with Boqvist, after those 3 it gets hard. Really like what I've seen from Eriksson, he's a Laine light but still very raw.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
I like olofsson, he is a solid and big 2 way player with good hockey iq, but he feels like a 3-5 round pick at this moment, while Boqvist feels like a 1th round pick. He is similar to Brännström.

To me at this moment this draft feels pretty meh after Dahlin and Boqvist and maybe Lundeström. Wernbloom has show glimpses of his talent, maybe he can lighting it up if he gets everything to togehter and become more consistent, but he is also small so he basically have to.

Top 5
Dahlin
Boqvist
Lundeström
Wernblom
Olofsson

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I think there's a pretty clear top4 at this point, at least to me:

1. Dahlin
2. Boqvist
3. Olofsson
4. Lundeström

After that it gets really hard. I like Ginning and HÃ¥llander. Only seen Johansson and Eriksson one time each but they both looked impressive, so maybe they're in that conversation as well. I like David Gustafssons potential too.

1. Dahlin
2. Olofsson
3. Boqvist
4. Lundeström
5. A.Eriksson
6. HÃ¥llander
7. Ginning
8. Fagemo
9. Westfält
10 F.Johansson

What is Westfälts game about? I've only seen him twice but his skating looked really, really bad. His stats are pretty decent though.

Agree with Bäck and Fagemo. Bäck strikes me more as a defensive center and Fagemo I'm not sure if he's a smart enough hockey player to be successful.

Puckluck11

Feb 13, 2008
Luleå
More or less halfway through the season, hence the bump.

Gustafsson was clearly an omission from my side, i'll tuck him in to slot number 5 at the moment, could be a late first rounder.
Westfalt playing mostly on the 4th line with sporadic ice-time. A two-way center who uses his size to his advantage. Skating is ok when i have seen him (mostly tv) though surely could use an extra gear or two.
Leufvenius/Sandin i haven't seen this season but i suspect they will be picked above a few of the guys on below list given their recent success in CHL.
Sleeper picks: Lilja and Lundkvist for the later rounds.

Update:
1. Dahlin
2. Boqvist
3. Olofsson
4. Lundestrom
5. Gustafsson
6. Eriksson
7. Hallander
8. Westfalt
9. Ginning
10. Johansson

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden
More or less halfway through the season, hence the bump.

Gustafsson was clearly an omission from my side, i'll tuck him in to slot number 5 at the moment, could be a late first rounder.
Westfalt playing mostly on the 4th line with sporadic ice-time. A two-way center who uses his size to his advantage. Skating is ok when i have seen him (mostly tv) though surely could use an extra gear or two.
Leufvenius/Sandin i haven't seen this season but i suspect they will be picked above a few of the guys on below list given their recent success in CHL.
Sleeper picks: Lilja and Lundkvist for the later rounds.

Update:
1. Dahlin
2. Boqvist
3. Olofsson
4. Lundestrom
5. Gustafsson
6. Eriksson
7. Hallander
8. Westfalt
9. Ginning
10. Johansson

1.Dahlin