2018 Draft Thread (June 22nd, 7:30PM | June 23rd, 11AM)

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
In case this becomes a necessary thread and because in past years it has stopped slumps I present the 2018 draft thread.

I have nothing to add but will probably start nosing around. Think we can tank enough to get a top 5 pick?

Reactions: Inglewood JMFJ

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
If recovering Atkinson, Dubinsky and Wennberg extend till late February and Bob extend his slump down top 5 pick quite possible.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
If recovering Atkinson, Dubinsky and Wennberg extend till late February and Bob extend his slump down top 5 pick quite possible.
Its frankly possible if they do come back since they contributed very little offensively. Bob is the key because he bailed this team out so much early season with little to no help otherwise.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Fallin for Dahlin!!! Start the tank now.

But, seriously. In the very little highlights I have watched, Dahlin looks like he could be a good hockey player.

I'll give it a couple weeks and re-assess where we are.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
It's annoying to argue with other fans our team sucks... It's worse that it seems most of our own fanbase thinks worse of them...

To the point of the thread I'll have to research guys in the 20 to 30 range.

Reactions: Jackets Fan

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Alright, I am taking control as tank commander. What I thought was a bubble team isn't even that.

I think its pretty improbable to get Dahlin without winning the lottery from the 8-12 area, which is about where we will finish around. But here's hoping

Reactions: EspenK

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
In case this becomes a necessary thread and because in past years it has stopped slumps I present the 2018 draft thread.

I have nothing to add but will probably start nosing around. Think we can tank enough to get a top 5 pick?

With an average OT/SO record, this team would be a bottom 9 right now.

A bottom 5 finish isn't out of the question. I think that it's unlikely.

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
As a past proponent of finishing as poorly as possible which the Jackets almost always screwed up I wouldn't be disappointed if we slumped enough to finish bottom 5 or so. Much better for the future than just missing the playoffs or becoming scrimmage fodder the Bolts or Caps and picking14-20 or so. On the other hand if the team gets its stuff together, wins 14 straight and advances far into the playoffs I'm all for that.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

I really, really hope this is sarcasm.

At the time it was a bit tongue in cheek...now, however I see a 9 game winning streak to end the season, still miss the playoffs and draft 13th with the 15th pick going on to rookie of the year in 2 years.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I just want to be the team that finishes in the last spot outside of a playoff spot and the wins the draft lottery just to watch the boards explode.

But knowing the jackets luck it'll happen during a shitty draft with a bust as the top cant miss prospect.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Jarmo said he can already feel the effects of not having a first last year. This tells me a few things.

1. He doesn't like our prospect pool. At least at the top.

2. Trading our first for a proven player is pretty much not an option. Unless it's a deal way too good to pass up.

3. I could see us trading back from our early to mid first (8-15 range) in order to get more picks. Unless we win the lottery.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
The realist in me predicted wild card contention at beginning of season. I still get pissed with our losses because we see glimpses of a stellar team that could be more but they consistently have issues. I can't wrap my head around how we would get such an early pick outside of nuclear meltdown. We'll probably maintain a .50 trend (since we are at least consistent in that) and will be midrange outside of a trade.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Can anyone posts all the picks we have this summer

I know our 5th round 2018 went to the Hawks in the Panarin trade
Vegas has one more of our picks from the draft, but it's in 2019

1st
2nd
3rd
4th
Hawks have our 5th
6th
7th

Can anyone add or subtract any picks we have via previous trades?

#CBJ

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH

1st
2nd
3rd
4th
Hawks have our 5th
6th
7th

#CBJ

We can subtract the 4th round pick for this year as well- We traded it for Mark Letestu.

Reactions: WerenskiRules

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC

1st-CBJ
2nd-CBJ
3rd-CBJ
4th-Preds (Letestu)
5th-Hawks (Panarin)
6th-CBJ
7th-CBJ

#CBJ

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH

1st-CBJ
2nd-CBJ
3rd-CBJ
4th-Preds (Letestu)
5th-Hawks (Panarin)
6th-CBJ
7th-CBJ

#CBJ

That's correct.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
As a past proponent of finishing as poorly as possible which the Jackets almost always screwed up I wouldn't be disappointed if we slumped enough to finish bottom 5 or so. Much better for the future than just missing the playoffs or becoming scrimmage fodder the Bolts or Caps and picking14-20 or so. On the other hand if the team gets its stuff together, wins 14 straight and advances far into the playoffs I'm all for that.
I'll take the 14 straight right now. 5 to go - that should lock up PO spot, with a chance over the last 3 remaining games to get home ice.

Glad they didn't finish poorly - even if doing so wouldn't have disappointed you!
And glad your initial post served as the slump buster - even if it took 2+ months to do so!

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
At the time it was a bit tongue in cheek...now, however I see a 9 game winning streak to end the season, still miss the playoffs and draft 13th with the 15th pick going on to rookie of the year in 2 years.
Please edit your post and insert 14 game winning streak. You need to be consistent from one post to other - don't you? :laugh:

Reactions: EspenK

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Jesperi Kotkaniemi is a Finn at 6' 2" who plays C and seems to be available around our picking range. Any insight anyone?

I'm hoping we add another C to our prospect pool in the 1st round. Second choice would be a RD.

Reactions: mikeyp24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad