GDT: 2018 NHL Draft

Who do the Canucks choose: Dobson or Boqvist?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
My picks were as follows:

2014: Nylander easily
2015: konecky and Aho
2016: Tkachuk
2017: Valardi then glass but I understand why they took Peterson so not upset here.

Back to this year; In general I have a rule for the top end of the draft unless the defenseman is a clear cut top tier dman you take the forward. In this case I see Dahlin as the franchise changing dman you get once a generation who could be to this team what doughty was to the kings. If you get the number 1 pick as of right now you take him easily. Things might change by the draft but as of right now it should be Dahlin as %1 and no one else

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Nice to have NJD/COL jump out of the gate with some quick wins. Could be difference between 30th and 27th.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
Officially all in on Svechnikov. Bennings constructed a masterful lineup, 29th-31st guaranteed!

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
10 Goals in 9 Games for Svechnikov.

I really could care less about watching team Canada at this years WJC.
Sweden & USA are where the prospects are at this year.

Even if Lind, Gadjovich, and DiPietro all make team Canada? I agree though if you are solely watching for 2018 prospects.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Unless Brady Tkachuk significantly improves his skating I would not take him in the top 10.

His skating is better than his brother's at the same age. Easy top 5 pick for me right now.

I haven't watched much of the 2017-2018 season yet, but my thoughts on B.Tkachuk is that there is a lot of chaos in his game and there is definitely something to be desired for his skating, sort of uncoordinated. I'm not sure i see it much better than Matt's in his draft year (maybe in terms of pure speed), nor is the vision/smarts better, IMO of course.

I do share your love for Kotkaniemi though, like him more than Tkachuk.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
We need to hoard picks this year and do everything we can to get another first or two.

Edler for a first
Vanek for 2nd at the deadline
Sutter for any picks we could get
Dorsett for mid pick
I love Tanev to death he's a definite top pairing dman but we need to trade him if that means getting another first in the top 10 this year.

Dahlin
Svechnikov
Zadina
Tkachuk
Veleno/Kotkaniemi

Is my top 5 right now.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
We need to hoard picks this year and do everything we can to get another first or two.

Edler for a first
Vanek for 2nd at the deadline
Sutter for any picks we could get
Dorsett for mid pick
I love Tanev to death he's a definite top pairing dman but we need to trade him if that means getting another first in the top 10 this year.

Dahlin
Svechnikov
Zadina
Tkachuk
Veleno/Kotkaniemi

Is my top 5 right now.

Veleno is having a terrible season so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->