2018 conference tournament and NCAA tournament thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Villanova showing how far ahead they were compared to everyone else. Based on how they were playing, the only team that could have won the tournament.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Announcers overstating Villanova’s influence and buzz within the city. Not quite at the height it was 2 years ago. Polarizing school. Many do not accept them as a Philadelphia representation.

I would hate to live life as bitter as they do.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Not quite as dramatic as 3 years ago, but it's another national championship for Nova!!!!

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Announcers overstating Villanova’s influence and buzz within the city. Not quite at the height it was 2 years ago. Polarizing school
The Eagles killed it this year. There wasn't anything to kill it 2 years ago

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Announcers overstating Villanova’s influence and buzz within the city. Not quite at the height it was 2 years ago. Polarizing school. Many do not accept them as a Philadelphia representation.

I would hate to live life as bitter as they do.

All the Big 5 schools are Philly schools afaic, even on the Main Line

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Eagles killed it this year. There wasn't anything to kill it 2 years ago

I don’t buy that entirely. People are pissed about the Phillies after 3 games and over-exuberant for the Sixers.

I think it’s more Villanova themselves having won it already. More people were willing to jump on them because Big 5. Didn’t feel as obliged this time around.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Jay is going to find himself in Springfield one day. He already has the most the wins through a 5 year period and that includes two national titles.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jay is going to find himself in Springfield one day. He already has the most the wins through a 5 year period and that includes two national titles.
Might find himself in the NBA before that.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Damn remember when the lasting memory of 'Nova in the tourney was Piccolo girl?

Anyways (really) boring game but congrats to the 'cats and their fans. Really disappointed as a guy who grew up watching the Big Ten though; that's 7 title games in the row that B1G teams have lost since MSU won it all 18 years ago.

At least the women's Final Four had some great drama. #yesimabitsalty

I hope John Beilein can win a title one day.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Yeah not too surprised at this. Michigan got some nice breaks not having to play anyone close to Villanova's caliber. They weren't ready tonight.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Great for Villanova. But this year the real fun was the women's tournament.

Reactions: Hadoop

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

Considering how easily they put some coaches in, he should go in next year....

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Damn remember when the lasting memory of 'Nova in the tourney was Piccolo girl?

Anyways (really) boring game but congrats to the 'cats and their fans. Really disappointed as a guy who grew up watching the Big Ten though; that's 7 title games in the row that B1G teams have lost since MSU won it all 18 years ago.

At least the women's Final Four had some great drama. #yesimabitsalty

I hope John Beilein can win a title one day.

Villanova smoked pretty much every team in this tournament. The outcome for Michigan was to be accepted.

Still another impressive run for Michigan. Especially with the roster Beilein had.

I would still like to see what he could do with a more talented roster.

It would've been a hell of a story of Loyola pulled it off, but they will always be what everyone remembers about this tournament.

Loyola-Chicago will be 1B to Virginia losing to a #16 seed.

We've seen Cinderella runs before from VCU and George Mason in the recent past. Both which were more impressive than Loyola-Chicago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad