2018 CL Semifinals

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Again - don't see the relevance. But OK. Remove the word "true" from my original post if it helps you. Clearly a bit tongue in cheek from me (I thought the big grin at the end made that clear - I guess it didn't).

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Are there actually any city fans on here?

We have representation for the rest of the big six and a few other random top flight teams, but I can’t recall a true city fan off the top of my head.

I did see one post here once at some peak moment of their campaign this year. It's a bit too bad, really. I feel like maybe D2M has a soft spot for them due to the Pep factor..? They're a fun team these days and they've been competitive for long enough now that the snide remarks about them don't hold all that much water anymore. I mean look at all the storied English teams that were still competitive as recently as the nineties and are now rotting away in lower leagues. Sure it's sad, sure money does horrible things, but things change, that's the way it is.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Definitely a missed call. But it looks like he's outside of the box from that angle, so while they would get a free kick, I don't think that missed call is THAT big a game changer.

I didn't see the play or the match. I was simply showing that the refs, plural, all had a good look to some degree.

As for the call not being game changing, of course it would have been. Say it's given, Bayern more often than not convert the penalty. All else being the same they then go through. Not sure if I read it here or someone was commenting to me about this, but it doesn't matter if a team doesn't play well enough so long as they do enough to go through and do not as a result of the refs. If they did enough to through and it's only a bad call that held them back then they did enough to go through. Never understood the writing off of a wrong or missed call affecting a result.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I didn't see the play or the match. I was simply showing that the refs, plural, all had a good look to some degree.

As for the call not being game changing, of course it would have been. Say it's given, Bayern more often than not convert the penalty. All else being the same they then go through. Not sure if I read it here or someone was commenting to me about this, but it doesn't matter if a team doesn't play well enough so long as they do enough to go through and do not as a result of the refs. If they did enough to through and it's only a bad call that held them back then they did enough to go through. Never understood the writing off of a wrong or missed call affecting a result.

The reason I said it may not be a huge game changer is because Marcelo looks like he’s out of the box when he commits the handball. I mean if he’s in the box that’s a huge game changer obviously, but a free kick from that area is somewhat dangerous but not game changingly dangerous.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I did see one post here once at some peak moment of their campaign this year. It's a bit too bad, really. I feel like maybe D2M has a soft spot for them due to the Pep factor..? They're a fun team these days and they've been competitive for long enough now that the snide remarks about them don't hold all that much water anymore. I mean look at all the storied English teams that were still competitive as recently as the nineties and are now rotting away in lower leagues. Sure it's sad, sure money does horrible things, but things change, that's the way it is.

Not even close. I wish Pep/Kun well but I have no love for them or their owner. In fact, I much rather see other EPL teams win the league.

@mmk786 has been a fan for a long time. No?

I believe he has ... also @Alex Jones.

The reason I said it may not be a huge game changer is because Marcelo looks like he’s out of the box when he commits the handball. I mean if he’s in the box that’s a huge game changer obviously, but a free kick from that area is somewhat dangerous but not game changingly dangerous.

He's most definitely in the box...it's most definitely is a penalty...

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He's most definitely in the box...it's most definitely is a penalty...

It's definitely a handball, but I'm not 100% sure it's in the box. In the pic that LH put up it looks like he's just outside of the box, but it's really close and I'm not confident he's in or out of the box.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It's definitely a handball, but I'm not 100% sure it's in the box. In the pic that LH put up it looks like he's just outside of the box, but it's really close and I'm not confident he's in or out of the box.

There's plenty of other videos and images that show he's in he box...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad