Injury Report: 2018-2019 Injury Report....Peoples be hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah, Jaden, you're forever banned from playing any hockey outside of the NHL.

Guys like Schenn and Parayko can go, but not you. You're too fragile.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Yeah, Jaden, you're forever banned from playing any hockey outside of the NHL.

Guys like Schenn and Parayko can go, but not you. You're too fragile.
If Schwartz would go throught this Parayko 'injury' he would break his legs and would get amputate both of his legs.

nd craziest is the Parayko came back from that scene about 5min. Nothing, nada, I'm just fine coach :laugh:

Reactions: BlueDream

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
QV08yg.gif

Management might just want to invest in some Bubble Wrap to send to everyone this off season. No task is too simple to not have it.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Yeah given how much is riding on Allen this season, that’s not great. Good chance for Husso though for sure.

Another concussion makes two this summer for Foley, that’s real bad news. Hoping for a speedy recovery for him, those can be scary injuries.

And yet ANOTHER hip injury for Opilka... have to think that’s it for him. That lets Fitzpatrick take the reigns in Tulsa if he isn’t returning to Acadie-Bathurst for an overage year, which honestly probably isn’t the worst move for him. The Oilers have former Erie Otter Devin Williams signed, but there is an open slot for a Blues goalie if we want to send one. I had been assuming that it would be Opilka, but now who knows. Maybe Fitzpatrick heads back to the Q and Tulsa just signs another random ECHL goalie (there’s always plenty out there looking for work). I feel bad for Luke, his hips are just giving up on him it seems.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Blues fans have been suffering from brain spasms since the team's implosion last season. We should add fan mental health to the injury report.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Feel bad for Opilka. Body just didn’t cooperate long enough for him to have a chance to fulfill his dream. If it’s even reasonably serious I would imagine his career is likely over.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I have to think they are taking the conservative route and give Allen extended time to avoid having this reaggravated. If Husso gets his first NHL experience from this that would be cool.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Yeah given how much is riding on Allen this season, that’s not great. Good chance for Husso though for sure.

Another concussion makes two this summer for Foley, that’s real bad news. Hoping for a speedy recovery for him, those can be scary injuries.

And yet ANOTHER hip injury for Opilka... have to think that’s it for him. That lets Fitzpatrick take the reigns in Tulsa if he isn’t returning to Acadie-Bathurst for an overage year, which honestly probably isn’t the worst move for him. The Oilers have former Erie Otter Devin Williams signed, but there is an open slot for a Blues goalie if we want to send one. I had been assuming that it would be Opilka, but now who knows. Maybe Fitzpatrick heads back to the Q and Tulsa just signs another random ECHL goalie (there’s always plenty out there looking for work). I feel bad for Luke, his hips are just giving up on him it seems.

I'm starting to think Opilka may be entering a career ending type of territory with these hip surgeries, I have heard he may need to have another hip surgery in the future too.

This will certainly leave some doors for Husso, and Fitzpatrick to get some more opportunities as you said.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I am actually more concerned about Foley than Allen. I don't think this is Foley's first concussion, and his style of play puts him in constant danger of injury. I hope he can develop the level of awareness on the ice that will keep him mindful of his safety without compromising his physical style.

Reactions: mk80

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
Foley is the guy I hope can completely recover from his concussions. Seems like a bonafide middle 6 power forward in the making. I was excited to see what he could do with some seasoning. It's Husso's time to shine in camp with Allen out. I hope the kid runs with it. Everyone else needs to get extra padding and bubble wrap. No major injuries in camp please.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I am actually more concerned about Foley than Allen. I don't think this is Foley's first concussion, and his style of play puts him in constant danger of injury. I hope he can develop the level of awareness on the ice that will keep him mindful of his safety without compromising his physical style.

Yeah, he was concussed in his last NCAA game as well. It’s why he never played for SA after his college season was over. And maybe he’s had other concussions before too - I have no idea.

I really like Foley’s style of game and mix of grit and decent skills...but he plays a power forward game without a power forward body...and that seems to perhaps put him at greater injury risk. I hope he can get past these concussion issues and hopefully this current one isn’t an overly bad one.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Sohnikov is the next player to head back home to the KHL, just because he can't stay healthy.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
While I really like Soshnikov and I had him penciled in as the starting 4th line right wing, I also want to see so many other guys get a shot at a regular shift. I hope it's not serious and he comes back and contributes, but even if Soshnikov never plays again, we could see two of Barbashev, Jaskin, Sanford, and even Thomas in the pressbox.

Reactions: The Note in MI

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
While I really like Soshnikov and I had him penciled in as the starting 4th line right wing, I also want to see so many other guys get a shot at a regular shift. I hope it's not serious and he comes back and contributes, but even if Soshnikov never plays again, we could see two of Barbashev, Jaskin, Sanford, and even Thomas in the pressbox.
Thankfully we have Soshnikovs in spades. Losing one only leaves room for another prospect.

Reactions: mk80

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Thankfully we have Soshnikovs in spades. Losing one only leaves room for another prospect.

Basically, yes. I mean, when he arrived, I did think he really stood out for playing with speed and tenacity. You could tell that the rest of the team was tired and/or sapped of morale. I think there's a lot to be said for having some players on the roster who have that obvious fire. But with the additions the Blues have made and the players waiting for a chance, I'm not particularly afraid that's something they'll lack.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I wouldn’t have cared if Sosh left for the KHL so I don’t care about him. Intrigued to see what guys like Blais and Sanford do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad