Blues Discussion Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
What are you telling me, sweet bottle of liquor? You want me to kill all people? Shhh...

Reactions: Bendak

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Schwartz - Schenn - ???
??? - ??? - Tarasenko
Steen - Thomas - Berglund
Jaskin - Brodziak - Barbashev/Sosh
Warm Body

Ed - Pietro
Dunn - Parayko
Gunnar - Schmaltz/Bortuzzo

Hutton
Husso

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
1. Fire Yeo
2. Hire a PP coach
3. DO NOT trade our youth--welcome Thomas and Kyrou
4. STOP TRADING OUR #1 picks
5. Trade Jake--welcome Ville
6. Make Bill Armstrong GM

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Well if nothing else, Alain Vigneault is now on the market.

I know New York Rangers fans disliked him, but he knows how to build speed into a system. I doubt it would happen but I would look at him if I were in a position of power.

Last edited:
Reactions: mk80 and Bendak

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Disappointing, but a long offseason could do this team some good. They need to hit the reset button and more importantly, get healthy.

Positives:

- Fabbri should finally be okay and get back
- Robert Thomas should make the team
- Thompson/Sanford/Blais all have the next 5+ months to get stronger. They should be more NHL ready next season. We need one of them to be ready to contribute at least.
- Who knows what guys like Kyrou and even Foley and Stevens will be ready to offer... but they'll be inching closer to providing some depth.

Somebody will have to be moved out to create some space and Sobotka is the obvious candidate.

We have the assets to acquire a top 6 forward. Preferably a center. Armstrong did it once, go out and do it again.

With all this said, the Blues should be better up front.

Goaltending is a different issue that we'll have to take a look at another time.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I really hope we can move Thompson for a quality asset. I don’t see him as developing into much. We have wasted the opportunity to move assets with potential in the past and I would hate to loose that opportunity again.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
I really hope we can move Thompson for a quality asset. I don’t see him as developing into much. We have wasted the opportunity to move assets with potential in the past and I would hate to loose that opportunity again.

I wouldn't mind moving Thompson....just not Thomas or Kyrou. I just don;t think he would bring much in return.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I wouldn't mind moving Thompson....just not Thomas or Kyrou. I just don;t think he would bring much in return.
I don't understand how Thompson could be viewed as a less valuable piece. I mean, Thompson is playing on an NHL roster in his draft +2 year. Most prospects don't even touch NHL ice until 3+ years after their draft.

It's fine to like Kyrou and Thomas more, but don't let your personal preferences blind you.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Using him and Sobotka to turn it into a top six RHS center to slot between Fabbri and Tarasenko would be very ideal.

Kyrou can probably fill in next to Schwartz and Schenn. I think Kostin needs time.

Run Steen-Thomas-Berglund on the third line. Then a mix of Brodziak, Jaskin, Barbashev, Blais, Soshnikov in the fourth.

Dump Bouwmeester, run with the same D otherwise. Hopefully Schmaltz can make the team and Bortuzzo becomes the #7D.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I am surprisingly not as mad as I thought I would be. It sucks that we will likely be giving up our first rounder (barring a miracle at the draft lottery) but I can't help but get excited looking at the future. Hopefully that future does not include Jake Allen and Mike Yeo. Jake played a pretty good last game of the year but I am sorry it doesn't make up for all the poor performances. I like some aspects of Mike Yeo's coaching but as I have stated before I think he is more of an assistant coach. He made some downright questionable calls this year that in the end hurt the team (not pulling Jake in the Chicago game, just to name one).

I think this off season should be about purging as many dead weight contracts as possible. Trying like hell to sign John Tavares. Move on from Mike Yeo. Implementing as much youth / offensive creativity as we can and finally getting healthy.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Jake the Fake feels more appropriate.
burn.jpg

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Goals for our offseason:
Pray we land a top 3 pick.
Trade Sobotka, Allen, and hope someone will take on Gunnar or Bouw’s contract.
Acquire a top 6 C/RW at the draft.
Go hard after Tavares in free agency.
Sign Lehner and run him with Husso.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad