Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
How do you see them playing out?

Baker Mayfield (1st overall)
Sam Darnold (3rd overall)
Josh Allen (7th overall)
Josh Rosen (10th overall)
Lamar Jackson (32nd overall)

This is most talked about QB Draft in years with many comparing it to famous 99 draft when McNabb and Culpepper flourished while rest flopped hard (Especially McNown and Smith in Chicago and Cincy)

We can keep this thread hopefully thru years to track how they work out similar to thread a few years back with young QB's like Sanchez/Freeman/etc (Sadly it didn't survive the move to new boards)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Mayfield is going to eventually start

Taylor is just a placeholder and the fans will eventually become too vocal as the hapless Browns continue to trot out Taylor while they are sitting in AFC North cellar

We saw in Chicago how quickly the discontent and anger of fans watching a terrible team and terrible QB leads to putting the kid in even if he isn't ready

Last edited:

Babe Ruth

Proud member of the precariat working class.
Feb 2, 2016
Good thread..
My opinion, L. Jackson will be another mobile QB who was great @ the college level, but will struggle at the pro level..
The failed (but tireless) experiment of displacing & replacing NFL pocket passers carries on..

Rosen is the QB I'm most intrigued in. Killer arm, but needs professional maturation. We'll see..

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Sure, I'll throw some long-term projections out there to look stupid in a few years:

Baker Mayfield - Long-term, good starter. Will play in Pro Bowls but isn't an All-Pro level guy. Tony Romo like career that gets the Browns into the playoffs within 3 years.

Sam Darnold - Will show flashes for the first couple of years, and then eventually breaks through as the Jets add talent around him. Will be the best QB in the class and have his team competing for Super Bowls, but will take a few years.

Josh Allen - Will be an athletic yet frustrating starter for the Bills. Sticks around into his 2nd contract on a bridge-type deal in Buffalo despite never really making it work. Blake Bortles level career.

Josh Rosen - Also a solid, long-term starter. Battles injuries early in his career before settling in to be a Pro Bowl level guy.

Lamar Jackson - Shows well in limited opportunities as a rookie before taking off in his 2nd year. Has success earlier than any other guy on the list and leads the team to the playoffs and maybe some wins when he gets there. Despite that, struggles in years 4 & 5 and leaves Baltimore needing a new answer at QB.

In 5 years, Darnold will be considered the best QB in the class. Mayfield and Rosen are both doing just fine. Allen is struggling to be a starter in Buffalo and Jackson is competing for a starting job on another team.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'm sure this will be comical in 5 years, but here goes...

Mayfield - Mediocre starter, never lives up to the draft spot

Darnold - Best QB in the draft, good NFL starter

Allen - Flashes here and there but never anything special, think Byron Leftwhich level career

Rosen - Jay Cutler 2.0 for good and bad

Lamar Jackson - Everyone looks stupid for saying he will be great as he is over matched at the next level. (I just insured this comment will look the stupidest I know, lol)

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The only outrage was from you tbh. Chicago is going to be good.

I was referring to how people in Chicago were outraged over playing of Glennon with #2 overall pick on sidelines and eventually fan/media pressure helped end situation

Cleveland will be same thing with Taylor/Mayfield and either Hue will be forced to play kid or he will be fired (Should have been fired already)

And Mitch is going to be in make or break year. If he plays poorly as he did last year then Bears will need to consider the selection a failure along with our general manager who should be on hot seat for his performance as GM

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
Darnold- great QB with his head screwed on right. Great arm but a slight turnover problem. Classic gunslinger. Somewhere in the Andrew Luck/Brett Favre type. Great pick by the Jets

Rosen- Has a bit of an attitude problem and whines a bit too much but I think he'll be a great QB if he can stay healthy. I think he'll be a slightly worse QB than Rodgers . Great pick by the Cardinals.

Allen: the guy has a cannon for an arm and that's about it. He'll make some throws that will blow you away but overall won't have sustained success. Probably a Jay Cutler type. Buffalo made a terrible move by trading up for him, especially when they could have had Rosen

Mayfield: Small body, small brain. From grabbing his crotch (probably small as well) to trying and failing miserably to outrun cops, this guy is a disaster waiting to happen.
He's maybe at best a slightly better version of Manziel. Browns could have had anyone but they opted to take this shithead over everyone else. I guess that's why they're the Browns.

As for Lamar Jackson, I don't really know what to make of him.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Darnold- great QB with his head screwed on right. Great arm but a slight turnover problem. Classic gunslinger. Somewhere in the Andrew Luck/Brett Favre type. Great pick by the Jets

Rosen- Has a bit of an attitude problem and whines a bit too much but I think he'll be a great QB if he can stay healthy. I think he'll be a slightly worse QB than Rodgers . Great pick by the Cardinals.

Allen: the guy has a cannon for an arm and that's about it. He'll make some throws that will blow you away but overall won't have sustained success. Probably a Jay Cutler type. Buffalo made a terrible move by trading up for him, especially when they could have had Rosen

Mayfield: Small body, small brain. From grabbing his crotch (probably small as well) to trying and failing miserably to outrun cops, this guy is a disaster waiting to happen.
He's maybe at best a slightly better version of Manziel. Browns could have had anyone but they opted to take this ****head over everyone else. I guess that's why they're the Browns.

As for Lamar Jackson, I don't really know what to make of him.
Allen and Cutler are not similar. He's much more athletic than Cutler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->