2018-19 Season Outcome

What outcome would you want to see?

• Total voters

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
I have been thinking about this since Booby Nick announced Chia will return next season, but what outcome would you want to see next season?

Oilers making the playoffs, thus Chia stays on as GM

OR

Oilers miss the playoffs and Chia is fired.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Odd dichotomy to make. My issue isn't centered on making playoffs so much as how the roster is constructed next year. If Connor drags us to the playoffs but our roster looks even worse, I still want him fired. If he makes a killer trade for say OEL, but we just barely miss the playoffs because it's a deadline deal, I'd probably be okay with keeping him.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Obviously I want the team to do as well as possible but I don't think Chia is the right guy to turn us into contenders. It kind of depends on what he does this offseason though. If he can land a Karlsson or OEL I will have time for him.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I'll take option C. Oilers make the playoffs but Chia chokes on a hotdog and dies before the trade deadline. :jk: I'll take option "A" as I'm not a narcissist who puts my ego ahead of team success.

Reactions: shoop

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Odd dichotomy to make. My issue isn't centered on making playoffs so much as how the roster is constructed next year. If Connor drags us to the playoffs but our roster looks even worse, I still want him fired. If he makes a killer trade for say OEL, but we just barely miss the playoffs because it's a deadline deal, I'd probably be okay with keeping him.

Not sure why it's an odd choice. Chia keeps his job if they make the playoffs and loses his job if they miss. That will be the deciding factor.

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
Why would I not want the team to win? Do people want Chia fired that badly that they want the team to suck to make it so?

Reactions: shoop

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I have been thinking about this since Booby Nick announced Chia will return next season, but what outcome would you want to see next season?

Oilers making the playoffs, thus Chia stays on as GM

OR

Oilers miss the playoffs and Chia is fired.

sorry

I have to reject the premise of this thread--oilers have done no roster moves partly because they can not really do any NHL moves until after the cup is won

if we walk in with the SAME roster--no one can have much hope

but there will be changes

gone are
Slepyshev
Pak
and the French defender I hated from the word go

IN
The Fin

we have no clue how the roster will look on october 1st

once the draft roles around and we decided which RFAS we want--we will get a better idea

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Where's the miss playoffs and Chia stays gm option?

I'll bet my life savings he's gone if they miss. You can't waste a generational talents prime years with failure. It's criminal. That said, a nightmare scenario would me getting beat in the first two rounds, management thinks all is well....and both are back.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

This is the proper answer. The playoffs and not 100% correlated with Chia's success/failure, let alone proving causation. It is largely correlated for sure, no doubt, but both of these points indicate valid corner cases where this is not applicable.

Reactions: Aerrol

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Our roster is no where near as bad as people make out. Worse teams on paper made the playoffs this year.

Currently have one of the best groups of centers in the nhl which includes the best player in the world...

Need to have some development or bargain bin acquisitions pay off and we could go from outside the playoffs to cup contender quickly. Just the way the league works now.

Reactions: CornKicker

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
With minor changes we will make the playoffs if our goaltending is reliable. I think we'll see a decline from Vegas and Anaheim plus improvements by Calgary and Arizona. I think the top 3 in our Division will be a combination of us, Calgary, Vegas, San Jose and LA.

Reactions: CornKicker

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
I don't get why someone would want us to miss the playoffs just to see PC fired.
Short term pain for long term gain? Almost every contract he’s given out is one that will damage this team for a lengthy period. We will be dealing with some big headaches for 4-5+ years because of him. I can’t stand another losing year( with the added pain that resale value is worse now than the decade of darkness) but he’s doing such long term damage that I’m terrified about him doing more, so I can see why someone would take that option.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Short term pain for long term gain? Almost every contract he’s given out is one that will damage this team for a lengthy period. We will be dealing with some big headaches for 4-5+ years because of him. I can’t stand another losing year( with the added pain that resale value is worse now than the decade of darkness) but he’s doing such long term damage that I’m terrified about him doing more, so I can see why someone would take that option.

Sorry, but did I just read you want Chiarelli gone in hope that it increase the resale value of your tickets long term.

:sarcasm:The other tiered fans aren't going to feel much sympathy there. :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad