2018-19 Red Wings

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Chityl of the rangers started the season on the NHL roster and then was sent down to hartford in the AHL despite being only 18 years old. This way it seems to be possiblt for under 20 year olds

Players drafted from European teams can be sent to AHL.

Rasmussen was drafted from Canadian Juniors, and those can only play in NHL or returned to juniors under 20 aged.

I could already bet Rasmussen will steal an NHL job at next training camp. It was very near to happen for this season.

Reactions: turkleton85

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Can Rasmussen play in the AHL next year? With someone as physically developed as him he has to turn pro but I hate the idea of putting him on the wings when he's been hurt so much and could use some development time.

I'll guess that we bring up Hronek, Svechnikov and Bertuzzi full time next year. Trade one of Tatar/Nyquist. Trade Green and let Mrazek walk as a FA with Coreau as Jimmie's backup. We draft a D at the number 7 spot in the draft who isn't ready until 2019. Assuming we bring Rasmussen up as well I'd say our lineup next year looks something like:

Mantha-Larkin-Z
Nyquist/Tatar-Neilsen-AA
Abby-Rasmussen-Svechnikov
Bertuzzi-Glendenning-Helm

Dekeyser-Daley
Ouellett-Hronek
Ericsson-Jensen

Howard
Coreau
LTIR: Kronwall and Franzen

Our defense is going to be really bad without Green.
No? Rasmussen can only play Juniors or make the Wings he's not eligible for Grand Rapids.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
Now I think Barzal how do 5 Points last night but instead for Wings a possible trade season 17-18.

i don't quite understand what you are saying, but IF you're saying the wings should trade for barzal, you must realize that the islanders probably dont want to move one of the best young players in the entire NHL

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
No? Rasmussen can only play Juniors or make the Wings he's not eligible for Grand Rapids.
Too bad. This rule drives me nuts. Players like Rasmussen do not belong in Juniors at 19 years old so they get forced into the NHL and it can hurt their career development. I think Rasmussen will be fine in the NHL next season but it makes way more sense for him to develop in the AHL IMO.

Reactions: Wings 1986

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Too bad. This rule drives me nuts. Players like Rasmussen do not belong in Juniors at 19 years old so they get forced into the NHL and it can hurt their career development. I think Rasmussen will be fine in the NHL next season but it makes way more sense for him to develop in the AHL IMO.
Yup he has to be 20 years old for the AHL, I agree it's a dumb rule but it is what it is. I believe that Cholowski could've played in Grand Rapids but since they were already over crowded on D they decided to send him to Juniors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->