2018-19 OUA Men's Hockey Thread

KKWG11

Nov 25, 2017
Hey my brother will be playing at Carelton U this season. Where can i watch the road games online at OUA tv?? Are exhibion games broadcasted and what is quality of stream? how much does it cost or where do i create an account. Thanks

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I suspect McGill is going to dominate the OUA again this year. They just played two very competitive games against UNB over the weekend. They might have the best goaltending tandem in the country with Guindon and rookie Antoine Samuel. Offence will probably be amongst the top 5 in the country as well.

Professional

Aug 27, 2015
Does anyone have stats on OUA players moving on to play pro hockey? Would be great to see a split by league (NHL, AHL, European leagues) over the past few years. Thanks.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
Simon Bourque, former Rimouski captain and 6'th round pick of Montreal, to join Redmen for the second half. This is a major addition to McGill's already talented roster.
McGill, has been the elite program in the OUA or the past few seasons, but
they have not been able to advance to a UCup final, since winning it's lone title in 2012.
Are they at Alberta/UNB level, with this addition?

MiamiHockey

Sep 12, 2012
Simon Bourque, former Rimouski captain and 6'th round pick of Montreal, to join Redmen for the second half. This is a major addition to McGill's already talented roster.
McGill, has been the elite program in the OUA or the past few seasons, but
they have not been able to advance to a UCup final, since winning it's lone title in 2012.
Are they at Alberta/UNB level, with this addition?

The addition of Bourque will give them ridiculous depth on the blue line. On paper, their depth is on par with Alberta / UNB, but McGill lacks the high-end offensive threats.

Of course, that's on paper. Losing 7-5 at home to Lakehead is NOT something that an elite team should do.

On paper, Queen's is very impressive this year. Deep and talented, with two tremendous goalies. They will struggle to score, but I'd be stunned if McGill and Queen's did not emerge from the OUA East.

canadiantarheel

Sep 19, 2011
Does anyone have stats on OUA players moving on to play pro hockey? Would be great to see a split by league (NHL, AHL, European leagues) over the past few years. Thanks.

My recommendation would be to visit respective school's page on Elite Prospects and look at the Where are They Now Feature.

Reactions: AUS Fan

Professional

Aug 27, 2015
Thanks. I did not realize that Elite Prospects had this feature. With a bit of digging it does provide the answer!

Reactions: AUS Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad