2018-19 KEY DATES: scheds, camp, salary cap, media, 2018 draft picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Dale Weise just said he's really happy with how he's playing. Last year he struggled but this year he's playing very well.

Dead serious. He said this on live television.

bbYq_f-maxage-0.gif

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
While we were waiting in line about fifteen minutes early for Neuvirth, Manning was doing his meet and greet in the same section. There was literally not one single person in line to meet him. His usher had to come down and ask everyone if anyone was in line for him... everyone was there for Neuvy.:laugh: You could see Mandog up there all alone with his ushers. I felt kinda bad for him.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Dale Weise just said he's really happy with how he's playing. Last year he struggled but this year he's playing very well.

Dead serious. He said this on live television.

Dude...

Raffl says a lot of people think he’s from Australia and he gets asked about kangaroos. Clement asked him what the national animal of Austria was, Raffl said eagle, Clement said that belonged to America, and Raffl reminded him Austria was the older country and had it first.

Duuuude.... :laugh:

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
While we were waiting in line about fifteen minutes early for Neuvirth, Manning was doing his meet and greet in the same section. There was literally not one single person in line to meet him. His usher had to come down and ask everyone if anyone was in line for him... everyone was there for Neuvy.:laugh: You could see Mandog up there all alone with his ushers. I felt kinda bad for him.

That is absolutely pitiful and a disgrace. There’s no one that tries harder out there and genuinely cares. Embarrassing.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
That is rough for Brandon Manning but also hilarious. Boxcar why didn't you buy a ticket? I'm sure you could of spent 20+ minutes hanging out with him.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
That is absolutely pitiful and a disgrace. There’s no one that tries harder out there and genuinely cares. Embarrassing.

It’s not pitiful. It’s obvious that the draw is not for players like Manning.

Blame the Flyers for the way they organized it. I don’t even hate Manning but if I was there, and knowing the lines for the big players, I wouldn’t bother.

And the genuinely cares or tries harder comment? C’mon.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
It’s not pitiful. It’s obvious that the draw is not for players like Manning.

Blame the Flyers for the way they organized it. I don’t even hate Manning but if I was there, and knowing the lines for the big players, I wouldn’t bother.

And the genuinely cares or tries harder comment? C’mon.

Didn't they have a similar issue last year with Vandevelde, yet gave almost no time availability for Konecny? Which resulted in a long Konecny line and people getting shut out.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I used to go to the Carnival a lot. I remember one year I stood outside in a ice storm waiting for the doors to open. they would not open them the doors early. Its like the ushers and workers were standing on the concourse laughing at us.
Always had fun tho. Meeting the players and whatnot. remember the one year JR let fans touch his silver medal from the Olympics was cool.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Glad i missed it then.

The setup of the whole thing was poor, it felt rushed and unplanned unlike years prior.

No more professional pictures, it just seemed really silly.

I really only wanted 4 players this year, Ghost[sold out], Patrick[sold out], Weal[was told by 3 people that he wasn't there because of his potential injury], Sanheim[the two times I saw him, his line was poorly constructed and they were turning people away & he looked like he hated every minute of it.

This was like my fourth or fifth carnival, so I could be just nitpicking because everyone on the big screen was "enjoying" it or at least they said as much.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
If it makes you feel better, Boxcar, I did see at least one person with a Manning shirt and another girl they talked to on the Jumbotron legitimately said that if she could have one Flyer's autograph, it would be Manning (I swear I'm not joking). It's possible he had a short line at the very beginning of his meet that just never grew. Like I said, this was about halfway through his meet.

Yeah, they charge the same now for each player and they presell all of them too. If I remember correctly, the stars used to be sold at a higher price before the carnival and everyone else was available to meet at the event for less. When a meet and greet with Giroux or Simmonds costs as much as a meet and greet with the Mannings and Weises of the team, people will obviously gravitate towards the former.

To add to this, I even saw a girl and a guy walking around wearing a Manning jersey[yes both of them].

Also ; I saw that girl on the tron too and then I turned to my girlfriend and I was like who the hell would ever want that to take place. She laughed and told me I'm too harsh.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I also caught a glimpse of Paul Holmgren serving food at a concession stand on my way out, which was interesting to see.

I thought it seemed a little less crowded than the first two times I went. I didn't have to wait long for any of my players (TK, Jake, and Coots). Granted, we arrived to each section about 30 minutes before each meet started, but even when it was my turn, the lines didn't look hideous compared to years past, though I noticed Simmer and Patrick had long lines.

Coaches didn't seem like they were out too long, but maybe I wasn't paying attention. Maybe that was intentional. Didn't give two ****s about Hakstol but I tried to get in line for Lappy and found it was already cut off.

Lehtera didn't seem like a popular draw, either... not many people in line to play Giant Pong with him, haha.

So yeah, maybe a little more disorganized than before, but I still had a good time.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
To add to this, I even saw a girl and a guy walking around wearing a Manning jersey[yes both of them].

Also ; I saw that girl on the tron too and then I turned to my girlfriend and I was like who the hell would ever want that to take place. She laughed and told me I'm too harsh.
Saw a Weise and a Flyers Mark Alt jersey too! I mean, I'm not gonna judge how people spend their money, but unless they're family or something, it just strikes me as odd to see those jerseys floating around.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

when I was married to my first wife, she had a weird affection for the terrible players/goons. not sure why. She loved Sandy McCarthy when he was a Flyer. She just about cried when the Flyers traded him lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->