2018.03.25 - Tulsa Oilers v Quad City Mallards (Captain America jerseys)

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
Beautiful photos, pretty amazing shots of the action. I do however hate these "promo" sweaters, just dislike them and their now too frequent use league wide. At one time you might see an occasional Christmas, St. Patrick's, or other alternate sweaters. Now its an almost common thing not with one, two, or three teams but most teams. I am a purist, promotions are great but like coach Brooks said the name on the front is a hell of a lot more important then the name on the back, that includes novelty sweaters. Just do character appearances, skip the gimmick sweaters and colored ice, its bad enough we have to look at blue painted posts and crossbars.

Les Stockton

Dec 30, 2017
My personal feeling is that I would like fewer promotional jerseys, and possibly the quality would be better.
and truly, I would like it if they put more thought into the standard jerseys than in having so many promotional jerseys.
this promotion was supposed to be a Marvel theme. I would've preferred Ironman than Captain America. However, as Captain America goes, I've seen better than this one.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
My personal feeling is that I would like fewer promotional jerseys, and possibly the quality would be better. ...
A minor pro hockey team's sponsorship money can only stretch so far. And with dye sublimation for fabrics having become so ubiquitous & flexible & cheap, designers seem prone to push the envelope of good taste & quality with these specialty kits. But the Tulsa Oilers have managed to achieve - and exceed - the point of specialty saturation this season. :thumbd:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->