OT: 2018 Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
When I played, I was always the setup man, never the scorer (only scored 2-4 goals a year) but set up about 30-40% of the goals my team scored. I appreciate the pass more often than the finish.

Agreed. There will always be that one rare finish that makes you go crazy....like this:

But yea a good cross is always great to watch.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Don't know why we risk Montero in this game at the moment. 20 minutes left and up 2-0. I'd rather see Mezquida or Jacobson for Tchani. Give Tchani a break in case he'll be playing on the weekend.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Definitely a top 5 game this season in terms of entertainment for me.

If you have it recorded and haven't watched it, I definitely recommend it.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
It looked like Tchani and Gregg Berhalter were having some words at the end of the game. The microphone just picked it up with Berhalter saying in a somewhat exasperated tone - "But we're not in first place".

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
It looked like Tchani and Gregg Berhalter were having some words at the end of the game. The microphone just picked it up with Berhalter saying in a somewhat exasperated tone - "But we're not in first place".
Yeah, the audible part was "You're in first place... we're not in first place." It was very strange. If Tchani had been showboating or something — instead of doing the exact opposite — after scoring a huge goal it would... maybe have something to do with that? Although the dumb rules of machismo and "honor" in sports usually work the other way around anyway. I was definitely hoping someone would write something about it.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Also, got to give credit to the ref for playing advantage there. He had his whistle in his mouth about to call the guy for holding Shea's arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad