Blue Jays GDT: (2017 v5.0) @ TB |Tue, Aug 22| 7pmET/4pmPT |Rowley vs Archer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
Much prefer this right-behind-the-pitcher angle tonight rater than the usual off-to-the-right-hand-side one we usually get... Much better view of the plate and movement of the ball. Wish this was standard throughout baseball.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Is there a bigger Jays killer than KK? With Ortiz retired I don't think so. Nobody seems to make a more difficult out than him.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I am so sick of guys like Morales. One dimensional players and not even that great in that one dimension. I hope Jays can unload him in the winter. Brutal player.

I was good with the signing in the off season but not so happy with it now. I thought/hoped he'd be better than he has been

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
"Saved 3 runs with that one, and 2 more with that other catch. Saved 5 runs all on his own"

Tabler I think you might be double counting. Would you also like to add the 2 runs the review saved. Damn that's 7 runs saved with only 3 runners, and 2 hitter. I think the Rays may have broken math.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
"Saved 3 runs with that one, and 2 more with that other catch. Saved 5 runs all on his own"

Tabler I think you might be double counting. Would you also like to add the 2 runs the review saved. Damn that's 7 runs saved with only 3 runners, and 2 hitter. I think the Rays may have broken math.

You think that's big, wait until you see them divide by zero.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Did anyone else hear Buck earlier in the game talking about the Rich Hill near no-hitter last night? He actually admitted that "maybe" there's something to the idea that wins aren't a good pitcher performance metric.

My brain was so scrambled for a minute after hearing him say that that I thought maybe I was having a stroke.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Buck re: top 40 Blue Jays -

"We think the first should be Dave Stieb. And we can probably agree on teeee.... twelve of the first ten guys."

Buck Martinez: 120% of the time he's right every time...

Also the correct answer for #1 is probably Halladay more than Stieb.

Doc had:
-equal ERA
-better FIP
-better ERA- and FIP-
-better WHIP
-equal HR rate
-better walk rate
-better strikeout rate
-worse BABIP (which would make things tougher on his #s)
-more fWAR, by a fair bit.
-and did it in 800 fewer innings.

Stieb's advantage is pretty much just in counting stats (benefiting from his additional 800 innings and like 120 additional starts) and opposing batting average.

and if we want to go subjective, Doc played for some really junk Jays teams and during the flaxseed era of the late 90s/early 00s

Last edited:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Did anyone else hear Buck earlier in the game talking about the Rich Hill near no-hitter last night? He actually admitted that "maybe" there's something to the idea that wins aren't a good pitcher performance metric.

My brain was so scrambled for a minute after hearing him say that that I thought maybe I was having a stroke.

The guy is garbage. He gets worse and worse every season. He needs to get replaced, along with his pal Tabby. We have an awful broadcast team.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The guy is garbage. He gets worse and worse every season. He needs to get replaced, along with his pal Tabby. We have an awful broadcast team.

I still want Shulman and Joe Siddall.

It was just funny because we're less than a day removed from Buck going on another rant about wins being the backbone of the game and how he wants "winners" in his rotation even though he agreed with Tabby's initial point about Chris Archer being the victim of ultra ****y run support giving him a bad record with otherwise good results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->