Blue Jays GDT: (2017 v2.0) vs CLE |Mon, May 8 | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Bauer vs Stroman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Smoak has sucked for virtually his entire career regardless of where he's been, therefore his "sometimes he's good, sometimes he's terrible" outcomes are simply a reflection of the type of player he is.

Yeah, I know. I'm just wishing that more Jays batters would swing at first pitches, because it's pretty clear that the book on their preferred "wait for your pitch" batting plan has gotten around. Note that 95% of the time, opposing pitchers will grove a fastball down the middle as their first pitch; they KNOW that the Jays batters aren't going to swing at the first pitch, because they hardly ever do.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that's partially responsible for Collabello suddenly looking good that year; he was one of the few Jays batters who WOULD swing at the first pitch... which kinda threw off a number of pitchers later in the season...

hd1344

Nov 16, 2012
The Hammer
Travis is a pretty frustrating player. Makes way too many mistakes both defensively and when at bat.

The thing is with Travis, you can't really project him at another position. His bat profiles well at 2B, and when he strugles it is definitely tough to watch, given his troubles with the glove as well.

I guess that is the tradeoff with him. Even though he is injury-prone, I wouldn't count him out right now, seeing as he's had successful spurts in 2015 and 2016 at the bat.

A lot of his fate rests on his ability to remain healthy, IMO. Once he gets behind the 8-ball, he seems to take a while to catch up at the plate.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Yes, Pat. You can tell where a guy should be on the field as a defender based on their bat. :facepalm:

"Geez, the guy runs like a Molina brother and wields his glove like someone duct taped a waffle iron to the wrong hand, but dammit if that bat doesn't look like a right fielder..."

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Very nice job by Biagini today. Really liked the use of the curveball.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Might not show in the record but I think we are playing a lot better lately. Maybe its just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad